Please read the following disclosure prior to clicking the link below to complete the online banking enrollment form.
This Online Banking Agreement and Disclosure Statement explains the terms and conditions governing the use of Northwoods Bank of Minnesota’s Online Banking services (herein referred to as “Northwoods Online”).
This Agreement is in addition to other agreements between you and Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, including the applicable deposit account disclosure agreement(s) and terms and conditions, and our rules and regulations as well as your loan agreements with Northwoods Bank of Minnesota. You should review the disclosures provided to you when you opened your account(s) with Northwoods Bank of Minnesota.
All electronic communications that meet these requirements will be deemed to be valid and authentic and you intend and agree that those electronic communications will be given the same legal effect as written and signed paper communications. You agree that electronic copies of communications are valid and you will not contest the validity of the originals or copies, absent proof of tampering or altered data. You may request a paper copy of any of our agreements be sent to you via standard mail by writing or calling us. Our contact information is provided in this agreement.
As used in this agreement, the following words have the meanings given below.
Business Days/Hours: The term “Business Day” shall mean every day excluding Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays. Our business hours can be found on our website at www.northwoodsbank.com or by calling (800) 450-2265.
“Client”, “You” or “your” is used to refer to each person who applies or is authorized by you to use the Services through Northwoods Online.
“Electronic Funds Transfers” means ATM withdrawals, preauthorized transactions, point of sale transactions, and transfers to and from your account with us using Northwoods Online.
“Eligible Accounts” - Each Northwoods Bank of Minnesota product that you have with us is called an Eligible Account and includes checking accounts, savings accounts, certificates of deposit, retirement accounts, and loans, including lines of credit. You will be able to view and access any accounts for which you are a co-owner or authorized signer. Certain accounts with restricted access will not be allowable as Eligible Accounts. Some Eligible Accounts will be accessible as view only. Accounts that require more than one signature are not an Eligible Account on Northwoods Online. Please note, under certain circumstances, additional logins may be required in order to access all of your accounts. If you would like an account removed from your Eligible Accounts, please contact us at (218) 732-7221 or (800) 450-2265.
“Imaging Services” – can be defined as the ability to view checks that have been posted as well as any other paper items that are posted to the account, including deposit tickets, checks, and withdrawal tickets.
“Online Banking” means our Northwoods Online services that you access over the Internet by use of a personal computer and modem and/or other means we authorize or allow.
“We,” “us,” and “our” are used to refer to Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, the depository institution that holds one or more accounts accessed by the Service through Northwoods Online.
Access to Northwoods Online
Northwoods Bank of Minnesota clients can register online; you must complete all required information fields on the enrollment form. You can find the enrollment link at www.northwoodsbank.com. By completing the online enrollment form, you authorize us to treat your enrollment form as if it had been in writing and signed by you. If you are enrolling on behalf of a business, by selecting the accept button you certify that you are authorized to enter into this agreement. As part of the enrollment process, clients are allowed to define their Access ID and password giving them instant access.
Security and Use of Your Password
We are committed to protecting the security and confidentiality of our client’s account information. We take measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your account. We use several different methods to ensure this security and to protect your account information:
• You can only access Northwoods Online with certain browsers that have a high security standard. Acceptable browsers include Internet Explorer 7 or greater, Apple Safari 4 or greater, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera, with 128-bit encryption that we may change from time to time.
• You must have a valid User Code and Password to sign in.
• Your Password is not displayed on the login screen.
• If no action is taken for fifteen (15) minutes, you will automatically be logged off of Northwoods Online.
• Your account will be locked out after five (5) invalid sign-on attempts. If this occurs, you may either contact us or try later when the lockout period expires. If you have forgotten your password, you may select the Forgot Password link and enter your information to receive an email with a temporary password. Our contact information is provided in this agreement.
You agree to keep your Northwoods Online Password confidential to prevent unauthorized access and use of your accounts. The Password will not be communicated to us. Please note you will be required to change your Password periodically for security purposes. We also recommend that you memorize your Password. If you choose to write it down, store it in a secure place. You agree to assume responsibility for all transactions initiated through Northwoods Online with your User Code and Password. We have no responsibility for establishing the identity of any person or determining the validity of any transaction received using your User Code and Password. You also agree never to leave your account information displayed in an area accessible to others and to never leave your PC unattended while using Northwoods Online.
If you suspect your Password is lost or in the hands of an unauthorized user, tell us at once. If we reasonably believe your Password has been or may be obtained or is being used or may be used by an unauthorized person(s), we reserve the right to block your access to Northwoods Online services to maintain or restore security to our website and systems.
In addition to your Password, we use additional authentication methods to verify your identity when accessing Northwoods Online. You will be prompted to view and set some of these authentication methods upon signing in for the first time. We reserve the right to change and enhance our authentication methods, as necessary, to protect your identity and comply with regulatory requirements.
Description of Services
Northwoods Bank of Minnesota offers the following services on Northwoods Online to our customers at no cost. Basic services include:
Ø Account balances
Ø Account history
Ø Loan transactions
Ø Credit line advances
Ø Export options in a variety of formats
Ø Imaging Services
Each authorized signer on a business account may enroll in Northwoods Online. Each authorized signer on a business account will be required to use their own social security number to enroll.
Northwoods Bank of Minnesota offers the following services on Northwoods Online to our customers:
Ø Account balances
Ø Account history
Ø Loan transactions
Ø Credit line advances
Ø Export options in a variety of formats
Ø Imaging Services
Funds Transfers between Qualifying Eligible Accounts
Upon completing a transfer, you will be provided a confirmation number. Please write down this number when you receive it. It helps us resolve any questions you may have concerning your transactions.
Duplicate Transactions: It will be your responsibility to detect duplicate transactions.
If a hold has been placed on deposits made to an account from which you wish to transfer funds, you cannot transfer the portion of the funds held until the hold expires.
You agree that you will instruct us to make a transfer only when a sufficient balance is or will be available in the designated account at the time of the transfer. You understand that we will not act on any transfer instructions from you if sufficient funds are not available in the account that you designated.
Your ability to make transfers from your savings accounts and money market accounts is restricted by Federal Law including Federal Reserve Board Regulation D, as amended. For each of your savings accounts, you are prohibited from making more than six (6) pre-authorized transfers or withdrawals or a combination of such transfers or withdrawals per calendar month. For your money market account, you are prohibited from making more than six (6) pre-authorized transfers, checks, withdrawals or a combination of such transfers, checks or withdrawals per calendar month. Pre-authorized transfers include transfers made through Northwoods Online.
Due to restrictions in our online service, you may not be allowed to transfer between Eligible Accounts.
Hours of Operation
Northwoods Online is generally available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, we only process transactions and update our information on business days. Our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.
A transfer between accounts initiated through Northwoods Online before 3:00 p.m. Central Time on a business day will be posted to your accounts on the same day. A transfer between accounts initiated through Northwoods Online after 3:00 p.m. Central Time on a business day will be posted to your accounts on the next business day. Transfers initiated on a Saturday, Sunday, or a federal holiday will be posted on the next business day.
Communications between Northwoods Bank of Minnesota and You
Telephone: You can contact us by telephone at (218) 732-7221or (800) 450-2265.
Facsimile: You can contact us by fax at (218) 732-8450.
Standard Mail: You can write us at: Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, P.O. Box 112, 1200 East First St, Park Rapids, MN 56470.
In Person: You may visit us in person at any one of our locations. Please visit our website for location information (www.northwoodsbank.com).
Correspondence that requires immediate handling, for example, the need to report an unauthorized transaction from one of your accounts or the need to report a lost or stolen Password, should be made by calling Northwoods Bank of Minnesota Customer Service.
The provisions in this section apply only to electronic fund transfers that debit or credit a consumer’s checking or savings accounts and are subject to the Federal Reserve Board’s Regulation E and Regulation D, as amended.
(a) Consumer liability (please note: this does not apply to business accounts)
• Generally. Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen or if you believe that an electronic funds transfer has been made without your permission using information from your check. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and/or code, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card and/or code without your permission.
If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and/or code, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your card and/or code without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make including those made by card, code, or other means, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, at our discretion, we may extend the time periods.
• Additional Limit on Liability for Visa® Card. Unless you have been grossly negligent or have engaged in fraud, you will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions using your lost or stolen Visa® Check Card. This additional limit on liability does not apply to ATM transactions or to transactions using your Personal Identification Number which are not processed by VISA®.
(b) Contact in event of unauthorized transfer. If you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this agreement.
Our Liability for Failure to Make a Transfer
We will complete transfers to or from your account on time according to your properly entered and transmitted instructions. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses and damages. There are certain instances in which we will not be liable. We will not be liable, for instance:
• If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
• If you have an overdraft line and the transfer would go over the credit limit.
• If your system or equipment or ours was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
• If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
• If you have supplied us with inaccurate information regarding the transfer.
• If we have a hold on your account or if a legal order directs us to prohibit withdrawals from the account.
• If your account is closed, or if it has been frozen.
• If you, or anyone authorized by you, commits any fraud or violates any law or regulation.
• If we have a reasonable basis for believing that unauthorized use of your Password has occurred or may be occurring, if you are in default under this agreement with us, if we or you terminate the agreement, or if we have suspended your use of Northwoods Online.
• There may be other exceptions stated in this Agreement or other agreements with you.
Errors and Questions
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this agreement, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
• Tell us your name and account number (if any).
• Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
• Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) business days (five (5) business days for point-of-sale transactions processed by Visa® and 20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account, a point-of-sale transaction, or a foreign-initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within ten (10) business days (five (5) business days if the transfer involved a point-of-sale transaction processed by Visa® and 20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your account. Your account is considered a new account for the first 30 days after the first deposit is made, unless each of you already has an established account with us before the account is opened.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Please note that the protections provided in the “Errors and Questions” section of this Agreement may not apply to business accounts. Please contact us for further information regarding any errors or questions on a business account.
Limit of Our Liability
We make no warranty of any kind, express or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, in connection with the Northwoods Online services provided to you under this Agreement. We do not and cannot warrant that Northwoods Online will operate without errors, or that all Services will be available and operational at all times. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising in any way out of your use of Northwoods Online provided under this Agreement.
By accessing Northwoods Online, you hereby acknowledge that you will be entering a protected website owned by Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, which may be used only for authorized purposes. Northwoods Bank of Minnesota may monitor and audit usage of the system and all persons are hereby notified that use of the services constitutes consent to such monitoring and auditing. Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on these websites are strictly prohibited and are subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986.
Change in Terms and Amendments
We may change any term of this Agreement at any time. If the change would result in increased fees for any Online Banking services, increased liability for you, or stricter limitations on the frequency or dollar amount of transfers, we agree to give you notice at least 30 days before the effective date of any such change, unless an immediate change is necessary to maintain the security of an account or electronic funds transfer system. We will post any required notice of the change in terms on our website or forward it to you by e-mail or postal mail. If advance notice of the change is not required, and disclosure does not jeopardize the security of the account or our electronic fund transfer system, we will notify you of the change in terms within 30 days after the change becomes effective. Your continued use of any or all of the subject Online Banking services indicates your acceptance of the change in terms.
This agreement continues in full force and effect until terminated. You may terminate this Agreement and your use of Northwoods Online services at any time by calling Customer Service at (218) 732-7221 or (800) 450-2265 or by sending a written termination notice to Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, P.O. Box 112, 1200 East First St, Park Rapids, MN 56470. You authorize us to complete fund transfers until we have had a reasonable opportunity to act upon your termination notice.
You agree that we may terminate this Agreement and your use of Northwoods Online services at any time without cause or prior notice. We reserve the right to temporarily suspend Northwoods Online services in situations deemed appropriate by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, including when we believe a breach of system security has occurred or is being attempted. We may consider repeated incorrect attempts to enter your Password as an indication of attempted security breach.
If your Northwoods Online account has been inactive for a consecutive 180 day period we may terminate your services. After termination, you may again enroll as long as you have an Eligible Account(s) at Northwoods Bank of Minnesota.
This Agreement, as it may be amended from time to time, contains the entire understanding between you and Northwoods Bank of Minnesota concerning Northwoods Online. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable according to its terms, all remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement and Online Banking services are governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota and applicable federal law, without regard to any different state laws that may govern your Eligible Accounts.
You, in consideration of being allowed access to Northwoods Online, agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any losses or damages resulting from the use of the service, to the extent allowed by applicable law.
By using Northwoods Online, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and acknowledge your receipt and understanding of the disclosures contained in this Agreement.
By enrolling and using Northwoods Online, you acknowledge receipt of this Agreement and the information following that is pertinent to the services you have requested be provided by Northwoods Bank of Minnesota. You also represent that you have read and examined this entire Online Banking Agreement, that you understand the information provided regarding those services and agree that all listed fees, terms and conditions are approved by you.
Northwoods Bank of Minnesota
1200 East First St
P.O. Box 112
Park Rapids, MN 56470
Bill Payment Agreement
This Bill Payment Agreement (herein referred to as “Agreement”) explains the terms and conditions governing the use of Northwoods Bank of Minnesota’s Bill Payment service (herein referred to as “Bill Payment”). You may use Northwoods Bank of Minnesota’s Bill Payment service to direct Northwoods Bank of Minnesota to make payments from your designated account(s) to the Payees you choose in accordance with this Agreement.
The terms and conditions of this Agreement are in addition to other agreements between you and Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, including the applicable deposit account disclosure agreement(s), terms and conditions, and our rules and regulations as well as your loan agreements with Northwoods Bank of Minnesota. You should review the disclosures provided to you when you opened your account(s) with Northwoods Bank of Minnesota.
All electronic communications will be deemed to be valid and authentic and you intend and agree that those electronic communications will be given the same legal effect as written and signed paper communications. You agree that electronic copies of communications are valid and you will not contest the validity of the originals or copies, absent proof of tampering or altered data. You may request a paper copy of any of our agreements be sent to you via standard mail by writing or calling us at:
PO Box 112
1200 E 1st Street
Park Rapids MN 56470
1-800-450-2265 Toll Free
GENERAL TERMS FOR EACH SERVICE
1. Introduction. This Terms of Service document (hereinafter "Agreement") is a contract between you and Northwoods Bank of Minnesota (hereinafter "we" or "us") in connection with each service that is described in the rest of this Agreement that applies to services you use from us, as applicable (each, a "Service") offered through our online banking site or mobile applications (the "Site"). The Agreement consists of these General Terms for Each Service (referred to as "General Terms"), and each set of Terms that follows after the General Terms that applies to the specific Service you are using from us. This Agreement applies to your use of the Service and the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered.
2. Service Providers. We are offering you the Service through one or more Service Providers that we have engaged to render some or all of the Service to you on our behalf. However, notwithstanding that we have engaged such a Service Provider to render some or all of the Service to you, we are the sole party liable to you for any payments or transfers conducted using the Service and we are solely responsible to you and any third party to the extent any liability attaches in connection with the Service. You agree that we have the right under this Agreement to delegate to Service Providers all of the rights and performance obligations that we have under this Agreement, and that the Service Providers will be third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and will be entitled to all the rights and protections that this Agreement provides to us. Service Provider and certain other capitalized terms are defined in a "Definitions" Section at the end of the General Terms. Other defined terms are also present at the end of each set of Terms that follow after the General Terms, as applicable.
3. Amendments. We may amend this Agreement and any applicable fees and charges for the Service at any time by posting a revised version on the Site. The revised version will be effective at the time it is posted unless a delayed effective date is expressly stated in the revision. Any use of the Service after a notice of change or after the posting of a revised version of this Agreement on the Site will constitute your agreement to such changes and revised versions. Further, we may, from time to time, revise, update, upgrade or enhance the Service and/or related applications or material, which may render all such prior versions obsolete. Consequently, we reserve the right to terminate this Agreement as to all such prior versions of the Service, and/or related applications and material, and limit access to only the Service’s more recent revisions, updates, upgrades or enhancements.
4. Our Relationship With You. We are an independent contractor for all purposes, except that we act as your agent with respect to the custody of your funds for the Service. We do not have control of, or liability for, any products or services that are paid for with our Service. We also do not guarantee the identity of any user of the Service (including but not limited to recipients to whom you send payments).
5. Assignment. You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations you have under this Agreement without our prior written consent, which we may withhold in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to transfer or assign this Agreement or any right or obligation under this Agreement at any time to any party. We may also assign or delegate certain of our rights and responsibilities under this Agreement to independent contractors or other third parties.
6. Notices to Us Regarding the Service. Except as otherwise stated below, notice to us concerning the Site or the Service must be sent by postal mail to:
Northwoods Bank of Minnesota
1200 East First St
Park Rapids, MN 56470
We may also be reached at 833-490-7553 for questions and other purposes concerning the Service. We will act on your telephone calls as described below in Section 22 of the General Terms (Errors, Questions, and Complaints), but otherwise, such telephone calls will not constitute legal notices under this Agreement.
7. Notices to You. You agree that we may provide notice to you by posting it on the Site, sending you an in-product message within the Service, emailing it to an email address that you have provided us, mailing it to any postal address that you have provided us, or by sending it as a text message to any mobile phone number that you have provided us, including but not limited to the mobile phone number that you have listed in your Service setup or customer profile. For example, users of the Service may receive certain notices (such as notices of processed Payment Instructions, alerts for validation and notices of receipt of payments) as text messages on their mobile phones. All notices by any of these methods shall be deemed received by you no later than twenty-four (24) hours after they are sent or posted, except for notice by postal mail, which shall be deemed received by you no later than three (3) Business Days after it is mailed. You may request a paper copy of any legally required disclosures and you may terminate your consent to receive required disclosures through electronic communications by contacting us as described in Section 6 of the General Terms above. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee not to exceed twenty dollars ($20.00) to respond to each such request. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service if you withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications.
9. Receipts and Transaction History. You may view your transaction history by logging into the Service and looking at your transaction history. You agree to review your transactions by this method instead of receiving receipts by mail.
11. Privacy of Others. If you receive information about another person through the Service, you agree to keep the information confidential and only use it in connection with the Service.
12. Eligibility. The Service is offered only to individual residents of the United States who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, the Service is not offered to minors unless the minor is using an Eligible Transaction Account in the name of the minor with a parent or guardian as a co-signor or guarantor. By using the Service, you represent that you meet these requirements and that you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
13. Prohibited Payments. The following types of payments are prohibited through the Service, and we have the right but not the obligation to monitor for, block, cancel and/or reverse such payments:
Payments to or from persons or entities located in prohibited territories (including any territory outside of the United States); and
Payments that violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; and
Payments that violate the Acceptable Use terms in Section 14 of the General Terms below; and
Payments related to: (1) tobacco products, (2) prescription drugs and devices; (3) narcotics, steroids, controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety; (4) drug paraphernalia; (5) ammunition, firearms, or firearm parts or related accessories; (6) weapons or knives regulated under applicable law; (7) goods or services that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity; (8) goods or services that are sexually oriented; (9) goods or services that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime; (10) goods or services that defame, abuse, harass or threaten others; (11) goods or services that include any language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous; (12) goods or services that advertise, sell to, or solicit others; or (13) goods or services that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction; and
Payments related to gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to, casino games, sports betting, horse or dog racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) and sweepstakes; and
Payments relating to transactions that (1) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other "get rich quick" schemes or multi-level marketing programs, (2) are associated with purchases of real property, annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (3) are for the sale of items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (4) constitute money-laundering or terrorist financing, (5) are associated with the following "money service business" activities: the sale of traveler’s checks or money orders, currency dealers or exchanges, or check cashing, or (6) provide credit repair or debt settlement services; and
Tax payments and court ordered payments.
Except as required by applicable law, in no event shall we or our Service Providers be liable for any claims or damages resulting from your scheduling of prohibited payments. We encourage you to provide notice to us by the methods described in Section 6 of the General Terms above of any violations of the General Terms or the Agreement generally.
14. Acceptable Use. You agree that you are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws in all of your activities related to your use of the Service, regardless of the purpose of the use, and for all communications you send through the Service. We and our Service Providers have the right but not the obligation to monitor and remove communications content that we find in our sole discretion to be objectionable in any way. In addition, you are prohibited from using the Service for communications or activities that: (a) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (b) promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime; (c) defame, abuse, harass or threaten others; (d) include any language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous; (e) infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction; (f) impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (g) facilitate any viruses, trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information; (h) constitute use of any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy the Service or the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered without our prior written permission; (i) constitute use of any device, software or routine to bypass technology protecting the Site or Service, or interfere or attempt to interfere, with the Site or the Service; or (j) may cause us or our Service Providers to lose any of the services from our internet service providers, payment processors, or other vendors. We encourage you to provide notice to us by the methods described in Section 6 of the General Terms above of any violations of the General Terms or the Agreement generally.
15. Payment Methods and Amounts. There are limits on the amount of money you can send or receive through our Service. Your limits may be adjusted from time-to-time in our sole discretion. You may log in to the Site to view your individual transaction limits. We or our Service Provider also reserve the right to select the method in which to remit funds on your behalf though the Service, and in the event that your Eligible Transaction Account is closed or otherwise unavailable to us the method to return funds to you. These payment methods may include, but may not be limited to, an electronic debit, a paper check drawn on the account of our Service Provider, or draft drawn against your account.
16. Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers. Immediately following your discovery of an unauthorized Payment Instruction, you shall communicate with customer care for the Service in the manner set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above. You acknowledge and agree that time is of the essence in such situations. If you tell us within two (2) Business Days after you discover your password or other means to access your account through which you access the Service has been lost or stolen, your liability is no more than $50.00 should someone access your account without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of such loss or theft, and we can prove that we could have prevented the unauthorized use of your password or other means to access your account if you had told us, you could be liable for as much as $500.00. If your monthly financial institution statement contains payments that you did not authorize, you must tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was sent to you, you may lose any amount transferred without your authorization after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money had you told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) prevented you from telling us, we may in our sole discretion extend the period.
17. Taxes. It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the transactions you make or receive, and it is your responsibility to collect, report and remit the correct tax to the appropriate tax authority. We are not responsible for determining whether taxes apply to your transaction, or for collecting, reporting or remitting any taxes arising from any transaction.
18. Failed or Returned Payment Instructions. In using the Service, you are requesting that we or our Service Provider attempt to make payments for you from your Eligible Transaction Account. If the Payment Instruction cannot be completed for any reason associated with your Eligible Transaction Account (for example, there are insufficient funds in your Eligible Transaction Account, or the Payment Instruction would exceed the credit or overdraft protection limit of your Eligible Transaction Account, to cover the payment), the Payment Instruction may or may not be completed. In certain circumstances, our Service Provider may either advance funds drawn on their corporate account or via an electronic debit, and in such circumstances will attempt to debit the Eligible Transaction Account a second time to complete the Payment Instruction. In some instances, you will receive a return notice from us or our Service Provider. In each such case, you agree that:
You will reimburse our Service Provider immediately upon demand the amount of the Payment Instruction if the payment has been delivered but there are insufficient funds in, or insufficient overdraft credits associated with, your Eligible Transaction Account to allow the debit processing to be completed;
You may be assessed a late fee equal to one and a half percent (1.5%) of any unpaid amounts plus costs of collection by our Service Provider or their third-party contractor if the Payment Instruction cannot be debited because you have insufficient funds in your Eligible Transaction Account, or the transaction would exceed the credit or overdraft protection limit of your Eligible Transaction Account, to cover the payment, or if the funds cannot otherwise be collected from you. The aforesaid amounts will be charged in addition to any NSF charges that may be assessed by us, as set forth in your fee schedule from us (including as disclosed on the Site) or your account agreement with us. You hereby authorize us and our Service Provider to deduct all of these amounts from your designated Eligible Transaction Account, including by ACH debit;
Service Provider is authorized to report the facts concerning the return to any credit reporting agency.
19. Address or Banking Changes. It is your sole responsibility and you agree to ensure that the contact information in your user profile is current and accurate. This includes, but is not limited to, name, physical address, phone numbers and email addresses. Depending on the Service, changes may be able to be made within the user interface of the Service or by contacting customer care for the Service as set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above. We are not responsible for any payment processing errors or fees incurred if you do not provide accurate Eligible Transaction Account, Payment Instructions or contact information.
Mobile Subscriber Information. You authorize your wireless carrier to disclose information about your account, such as subscriber status, payment method and device details, if available, to support identity verification, fraud avoidance and other uses in support of transactions for the duration of your business relationship with us. This information may also be shared with other companies to support your transactions with us and for identity verification and fraud avoidance purposes.
Device Data. We may share certain personal information and device-identifying technical data about you and your devices with third party service providers, who will compare and add device data and fraud data from and about you to a database of similar device and fraud information in order to provide fraud management and prevention services, which include but are not limited to identifying and blocking access to the applicable service or Web site by devices associated with fraudulent or abusive activity. Such information may be used by us and our third party service providers to provide similar fraud management and prevention services for services or Web sites not provided by us. We will not share with service providers any information that personally identifies the user of the applicable device.
21. Service Termination, Cancellation, or Suspension. If you wish to cancel the Service, you may contact us as set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above. Any payment(s) that have begun processing before the requested cancellation date will be processed by us. You agree that we may terminate or suspend your use of the Service at any time and for any reason or no reason. Neither termination, cancellation nor suspension shall affect your liability or obligations under this Agreement.
22. Errors, Questions, and Complaints.
In case of errors or questions about your transactions, you should as soon as possible contact us as set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above.
If you think your periodic statement for your account is incorrect or you need more information about a transaction listed in the periodic statement for your account, we must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we send you the applicable periodic statement for your account that identifies the error. You must:
1. Tell us your name;
2. Describe the error or the transaction in question, and explain as clearly as possible why you believe it is an error or why you need more information; and,
3. Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
c. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send your complaint in writing within ten (10) Business Days after your oral notification. Except as described below, we will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) Business Days after you notify us of the error. We will tell you the results of our investigation within three (3) Business Days after we complete our investigation of the error, and will correct any error promptly. However, if we require more time to confirm the nature of your complaint or question, we reserve the right to take up to forty-five (45) days to complete our investigation. If we decide to do this, we will provisionally credit your Eligible Transaction Account within ten (10) Business Days for the amount you think is in error. If we ask you to submit your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) Business Days, we may not provisionally credit your Eligible Transaction Account. If it is determined there was no error we will mail you a written explanation within three (3) Business Days after completion of our investigation. You may ask for copies of documents used in our investigation. We may revoke any provisional credit provided to you if we find an error did not occur.
23. Intellectual Property. All other marks and logos related to the Service are either trademarks or registered trademarks of us or our licensors. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are our service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress or those of our licensors. You may not copy, imitate, or use any of the above without our prior written consent, which we may withhold in our sole discretion, and you may not use them in a manner that is disparaging to us or the Service or display them in any manner that implies our sponsorship or endorsement. All right, title and interest in and to the Service, the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered, the technology related to the Site and Service, and any and all technology and any content created or derived from any of the foregoing, is our exclusive property or that of our licensors. Moreover, any suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information you may send to us through or regarding the Site or Service shall be considered an uncompensated contribution of intellectual property to us and our licensors, shall also be deemed our and our licensors’ exclusive intellectual property, and shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part. By submitting any such materials to us, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials has expressly granted) to us and our licensors a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed, and you warrant that all so-called "moral rights" in those materials have been waived, and you warrant that you have the right to make these warranties and transfers of rights.
24. Links and Frames. Links to other sites may be provided on the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered for your convenience. By providing these links, we are not endorsing, sponsoring or recommending such sites or the materials disseminated by or services provided by them, and are not responsible for the materials, services or other situations at or related to or from any other site, and make no representations concerning the content of sites listed in any of the Service web pages. Consequently, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in sites listed in any search results or otherwise linked to the Site. For example, if you "click" on a banner advertisement or a search result, your "click" may take you off the Site. This may include links from advertisers, sponsors, and content partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, solicit personal information, or contain information that you may find inappropriate or offensive. In addition, advertisers on the Site may send cookies to users that we do not control. You may link to the home page of our Site. However, you may not link to other pages of our Site without our express written permission. You also may not "frame" material on our Site without our express written permission. We reserve the right to disable links from any third party sites to the Site.
25. Password and Security. If you are issued or create any password or other credentials to access the Service or the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered, you agree not to give or make available your password or credentials to any unauthorized individuals, and you agree to be responsible for all actions taken by anyone to whom you have provided such credentials. If you believe that your credentials have been lost or stolen or that someone may attempt to use them to access the Site or Service without your consent, you must inform us at once at the telephone number provided in Section 6 of the General Terms above. See also Section 16 of the General Terms above regarding how the timeliness of your notice impacts your liability for unauthorized transfers.
26. Remedies. If we have reason to believe that you have engaged in any of the prohibited or unauthorized activities described in this Agreement or have otherwise breached your obligations under this Agreement, we may terminate, suspend or limit your access to or use of the Site or the Service; notify law enforcement, regulatory authorities, impacted third parties, and others as we deem appropriate; refuse to provide our services to you in the future; and/or take legal action against you. In addition, we, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to terminate this Agreement, access to the Site and/or use of the Service for any reason or no reason and at any time. The remedies contained in this Section 26 of the General Terms are cumulative and are in addition to the other rights and remedies available to us under this Agreement, by law or otherwise.
27. Disputes. In the event of a dispute regarding the Service, you and we agree to resolve the dispute by looking to this Agreement.
28. Arbitration. For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000.00 USD, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. If a party elects arbitration, that party will initiate such arbitration through Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services ("JAMS"), the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), or an established alternative dispute resolution (ADR) administrator mutually agreed upon by the parties. The parties agree that the following rules shall apply: (a) the arbitration may be conducted telephonically, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, at the election of the party initiating the arbitration; (b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties, their representatives or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; (c) discovery shall not be permitted; (d) the matter shall be submitted for decision within ninety (90) days of initiation of arbitration, unless otherwise agreed by the parties, and the arbitrator must render a decision within thirty (30) days of submission; and (e) any award in such arbitration shall be final and binding upon the parties and may be submitted to any court of competent jurisdiction for confirmation. The parties acknowledge that remedies available under federal, state and local laws remain available through arbitration. NO CLASS ACTION, OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR JOINDER OR CONSOLIDATION OF ANY CLAIM WITH A CLAIM OF ANOTHER PERSON SHALL BE ALLOWABLE IN ARBITRATION.
29. Law and Forum for Disputes. Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which you reside, without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. To the extent that the terms of this Agreement conflict with applicable state or federal law, such state or federal law shall replace such conflicting terms only to the extent required by law. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all other terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, you agree that any claim or dispute you may have against us (other than those which are arbitrated under Section 28 of the General Terms above) must be resolved by a court located in the county in which you reside. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all claims or disputes unless said claim is submitted to arbitration under Section 28 of the General Terms of this Agreement. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Agreement. Both parties agree to waive any right to have a jury participate in the resolution of any dispute or claim between the parties or any of their respective Affiliates arising under this Agreement.
30. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us and our Affiliates and Service Providers and their Affiliates and the employees and contractors of each of these, from any loss, damage, claim or demand (including attorney’s fees) made or incurred by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement and/or your use of the Site or the applicable Service.
31. Release. You release us and our Affiliates and Service Providers and the employees and contractors of each of these, from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute that may arise between you or one or more other users of the Site or the applicable Service. In addition, if applicable to you, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which states that a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if not known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.
32. No Waiver. We shall not be deemed to have waived any rights or remedies hereunder unless such waiver is in writing and signed by one of our authorized representatives. No delay or omission on our part in exercising any rights or remedies shall operate as a waiver of such rights or remedies or any other rights or remedies. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future occasions.
33. Exclusions of Warranties. THE SITE AND SERVICE AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO ANY PART OF OUR SERVICE, AND OPERATION OF OUR SITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS PARAGRAPH GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
34. Limitation of Liability. THE FOREGOING SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF US AND OUR AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, FOR THE SERVICE AND THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE SERVICE IS OFFERED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME, THE SERVICE MAY BE DELAYED, INTERRUPTED OR DISRUPTED PERIODICALLY FOR AN INDETERMINATE AMOUNT OF TIME DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR FAILURE IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER CAUSED BY STRIKES, POWER FAILURES, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS INTERNET DISRUPTION OR OTHER REASONS. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE CAUSED BY OR ARISING OUT OF ANY SUCH DELAY, INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR SIMILAR FAILURE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF GOODWILL OR LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE, OR MAINTENANCE OF THE SERVICE OR THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE SERVICE IS OFFERED, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE AND NOTICE WAS GIVEN REGARDING THEM. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE OR THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE SERVICE IS OFFERED THAT YOU DO NOT STATE IN WRITING IN A COMPLAINT FILED IN A COURT OR ARBITRATION PROCEEDING AS DESCRIBED IN SECTIONS 28 AND 29 OF THE GENERAL TERMS ABOVE WITHIN TWO (2) YEARS OF THE DATE THAT THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OCCURRED. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY, AND THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, TO YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES UP TO A MAXIMUM OF $500 (FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
35. Complete Agreement, Severability, Captions, and Survival. You agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between us, sets forth the entire understanding between us and you with respect to the Service and the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered and supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between us. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. The captions of Sections in this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not control or affect the meaning or construction of any of the provisions of this Agreement. Sections 2, 5-7, 11, 17, 18, 23, and 26-35 of the General Terms, as well as any other terms which by their nature should survive, will survive the termination of this Agreement. If there is a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and something stated by an employee or contractor of ours (including but not limited to its customer care personnel), the terms of the Agreement will prevail.
"ACH Network" means the funds transfer system, governed by the NACHA Rules, that provides funds transfer services to participating financial institutions.
"Affiliates" are companies related by common ownership or control.
"Business Day" is every Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Reserve holidays or other days that banks are legally closed.
"Eligible Transaction Account" is a transaction account from which your payments will be debited, your Service fees, if any, will be automatically debited, or to which payments and credits to you will be credited, that is eligible for the Service. Depending on the Service, an Eligible Transaction Account may include a checking, money market or other direct deposit account, credit card account, or debit card account, including any required routing information.
"Payment Instruction" is the information provided for a payment to be made under the applicable Service, which may be further defined and described below in connection with a specific Service.
"Payment Network" means a debit or credit network (such as the ACH Network or ACCEL / Exchange payment network) through which funds may be transferred.
"Service Provider" means companies that we have engaged (and their Affiliates) to render some or all of the Service to you on our behalf.
BILL PAYMENT SERVICE ADDITIONAL TERMS
1. Description of Service. The term "Bill Payment Terms" means these Bill Payment Service Additional Terms. The bill payment service (for purposes of these Bill Payment Terms, and the General Terms as they apply to these Bill Payment Terms, the "Service") enables you to receive, view, and pay bills from the Site.
2. Payment Scheduling. The earliest possible Scheduled Payment Date for each Biller will be designated within the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered when you are scheduling the payment. Therefore, the Service will not permit you to select a Scheduled Payment Date less than the earliest possible Scheduled Payment Date designated for each Biller. When scheduling payments you must select a Scheduled Payment Date that is no later than the actual Due Date reflected on your Biller statement unless the Due Date falls on a non-Business Day. If the actual Due Date falls on a non-Business Day, you must select a Scheduled Payment Date that is at least one (1) Business Day before the actual Due Date. Scheduled Payment Dates must be prior to any late date or grace period. Depending on the method of payment, your Eligible Transaction Account may be debited prior to the Scheduled Payment Date. For example, if the selected method of payment is a draft, the draft arrives earlier than the Scheduled Payment Date due to expedited delivery by the postal service, and the Biller immediately deposits the draft, your Eligible Transaction Account may be debited earlier than the Scheduled Payment Date.
3. The Service Guarantee. Due to circumstances beyond the control of the Service, particularly delays in handling and posting payments by Billers or financial institutions, some transactions may take longer to be credited to your account. The Service will bear responsibility for any late payment related charges up to $50.00 should a payment post after its Due Date as long as the payment was scheduled in accordance with the Section 2 of the Bill Payment Terms (Payment Scheduling).
4. Payment Authorization and Payment Remittance. By providing the Service with names and account information of Billers to whom you wish to direct payments, you authorize the Service to follow the Payment Instructions that it receives through the Site. In order to process payments more efficiently and effectively, the Service may edit or alter payment data or data formats in accordance with Biller directives.
When the Service receives a Payment Instruction, you authorize the Service to debit your Eligible Transaction Account and remit funds on your behalf so that the funds arrive as close as reasonably possible to the Scheduled Payment Date designated by you. You also authorize the Service to credit your Eligible Transaction Account for payments returned to the Service by the United States Postal Service or Biller, or payments remitted to you on behalf of another authorized user of the Service.
The Service will attempt to make all your payments properly. However, the Service shall incur no liability and any Service Guarantee (as described in Section 3 of the Bill Payment Terms) shall be void if the Service is unable to complete any payments initiated by you because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
1. If, through no fault of the Service, your Eligible Transaction Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the transaction or the transaction would exceed the credit limit of your overdraft account;
2. The payment processing center is not working properly and you know or have been advised by the Service about the malfunction before you execute the transaction;
3. You have not provided the Service with the correct Eligible Transaction Account information, or the correct name, address, phone number, or account information for the Biller; and/or,
4. Circumstances beyond control of the Service (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the transaction and the Service has taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
Provided none of the foregoing exceptions are applicable, if the Service causes an incorrect amount of funds to be removed from your Eligible Transaction Account or causes funds from your Eligible Transaction Account to be directed to a Biller which does not comply with your Payment Instructions, the Service shall be responsible for returning the improperly transferred funds to your Eligible Transaction Account, and for directing to the proper Biller any previously misdirected transactions, and, if applicable, for any late payment related charges.
5. Payment Cancellation Requests. You may cancel or edit any Scheduled Payment (including recurring payments) by following the directions within the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered. There is no charge for canceling or editing a Scheduled Payment. Once the Service has begun processing a payment it cannot be cancelled or edited, therefore a stop payment request must be submitted.
6. Stop Payment Requests. The Service's ability to process a stop payment request will depend on the payment method and whether or not a check has cleared. The Service may also not have a reasonable opportunity to act on any stop payment request after a payment has been processed. If you desire to stop any payment that has already been processed, you must contact customer care for the Service in the manner set forth in Section 22 of the General Terms above. Although the Service will attempt to accommodate your request, the Service will have no liability for failing to do so. The Service may also require you to present your request in writing within fourteen (14) days. The charge for each stop payment request will be the current charge for such service as set out in the applicable fee schedule.
7. Exception Payments Requests. Exception Payments may be scheduled through the Service, however Exception Payments are discouraged and must be scheduled at your own risk. Except as required by applicable law, in no event shall the Service be liable for any claims or damages resulting from your scheduling of Exception Payments. The Service Guarantee (as described in Section 3 of the Bill Payment Terms) does not apply to Exception Payments.
8. Bill Delivery and Presentment. The Service includes a feature that electronically presents you with electronic bills from select Billers. Electronic bills may not be available from all of your Billers. Electronic bills are provided as a convenience only, and you remain solely responsible for contacting your Billers directly if you do not receive their statements. In addition, if you elect to activate one of the Service's electronic bill options, you also agree to the following:
1. Presentation of electronic bills. You will receive electronic bills from a Biller only if both: (a) you have designated it in the Service as one of your Billers, and (b) the Biller has arranged with our Service Provider to deliver electronic bills. The Service may then present you with electronic bills from that Biller if either: (1) you affirmatively elect online within the Service to receive electronic bills from the Biller, or (2) the Biller chooses to send you electronic bills on a temporary “trial basis.” In either case, you can elect online within the Service to stop receiving electronic bills from a Biller. Electing to receive electronic bills, automatically receiving trial electronic bills, and declining further elected or trial electronic bills all occur on an individual Biller basis. The Service does not include an option to prevent ever participating in the automatic trial electronic bill feature. When affirmatively electing to receive electronic bills from a particular Biller, you may be presented with terms from that Biller for your acceptance. We are not a party to such terms.
2. Paper Copies of electronic bills. If you start receiving electronic bills from a Biller, the Biller may stop sending you paper or other statements. The ability to receive a paper copy of your statement(s) is at the sole discretion of the Biller. Check with the individual Biller regarding your ability to obtain paper copies of electronic bills on a regular or as-requested basis.
3. Sharing Information with Billers. You authorize us to share identifying personal information about you (such as name, address, telephone number, Biller account number) with companies that you have identified as your Billers and which we have identified as offering electronic bills for purposes of matching your identity on the Service’s records and the Biller’s records to (a) activate your affirmative request for electronic bills, and/or (b) confirm your eligibility for “trial basis” electronic bills.
4. Information held by the Biller. We are unable to update or change your personal information such as, but not limited to, name, address, phone numbers and email addresses, that is held by the Biller. Any changes will require you to contact the Biller directly. Additionally it is your responsibility to maintain all usernames and passwords for all electronic Biller sites. You also agree not to use someone else's information to gain unauthorized access to another person's bill. We may, at the request of the Biller, provide to the Biller your email address, service address, or other data specifically requested by the Biller for purposes of the Biller matching your identity against its records or informing you about the Biller’s services and/or bill information.
5. Activation. We will notify the Biller of your request to receive electronic billing information. The presentment of your first electronic bill may vary from Biller to Biller and may take up to sixty (60) days, depending on the billing cycle of each Biller. While your electronic bill feature is being activated it is your responsibility to keep your accounts current. Each electronic Biller reserves the right to accept or deny your request to receive electronic bills.
6. Authorization to obtain bill data. You authorize us to obtain bill data from your Billers that you have requested to send you electronic bills, and from your Billers that wish to send you trial electronic bills. For some Billers, you will be asked to provide us with your user name and password for that Biller. By providing us with such information, you authorize us to use the information to obtain your bill data.
7. Notification. We will attempt to present all of your electronic bills promptly. In addition to notification within the Service, we may send an e-mail notification to the e-mail address listed for your account. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that this information is accurate. In the event you do not receive notification, it is your responsibility to periodically logon to the Service and check on the delivery of new electronic bills. The time for notification may vary from Biller to Biller. You are responsible for ensuring timely payment of all bills.
8. Cancellation of electronic bill notification. The electronic Biller reserves the right to cancel the presentment of electronic bills at any time. You may cancel electronic bill presentment at any time. The timeframe for cancellation of your electronic bill presentment may vary from Biller to Biller. It may take up to sixty (60) days, depending on the billing cycle of each Biller. We will notify your electronic Biller(s) as to the change in status of your account and it is your sole responsibility to make arrangements for an alternative form of bill delivery. We will not be responsible for presenting any electronic bills that are already in process at the time of cancellation.
9. Non-Delivery of electronic bill(s). You agree to hold us harmless should the Biller fail to deliver your statement(s). You are responsible for ensuring timely payment of all bills. Copies of previously delivered bills must be requested from the Biller directly.
10. Accuracy and dispute of electronic bill. We are not responsible for the accuracy of your electronic bill(s). We are only responsible for presenting the information we receive from the Biller. Any discrepancies or disputes regarding the accuracy of your electronic bill summary or detail must be directly addressed and resolved with the Biller by you.
This Agreement does not alter your liability or obligations that currently exist between you and your Billers.
1. Where it is necessary for completing transactions;
2. Where it is necessary for activating additional services;
3. In order to verify the existence and condition of your account to a third party, such as a credit bureau or Biller;
4. To a consumer reporting agency for research purposes only;
5. In order to comply with a governmental agency or court orders; or,
6. If you give us your written permission.
10. Service Fees and Additional Charges. You are responsible for paying all fees associated with your use of the Service. Applicable fees will be disclosed in the user interface for, or elsewhere within, the Service or Site. Any applicable fees will be charged regardless of whether the Service was used, except for fees that are specifically use-based. Use-based fees for the Service will be charged against the Billing Account. There may also be charges for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay such charges and authorize the Service to deduct the calculated amount from your designated Billing Account. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and Internet service provider. Section 18 of the General Terms (Failed Or Returned Payment Instructions) applies if you do not pay our fees and charges for the Service, including without limitation if we debit the Billing Account for such fees, as described in this Section, and there are insufficient fees in the Billing Account.
11. Biller Limitation. The Service reserves the right to refuse to pay any Biller to whom you may direct a payment. As required by applicable law, the Service will notify you promptly if it decides to refuse to pay a Biller designated by you. as set forth in Section 13 of the General Terms (Prohibited Payments) or an Exception Payment under this Agreement.
12. Returned Payments. In using the Service, you understand that Billers and/or the United States Postal Service may return payments to the Service for various reasons such as, but not limited to, Biller's forwarding address expired; Biller account number is not valid; Biller is unable to locate account; or Biller account is paid in full. The Service will attempt to research and correct the returned payment and return it to your Biller, or void the payment and credit your Eligible Transaction Account. You may receive notification from the Service.
13. Information Authorization. In addition to Section 20 of the General Terms (Information Authorization), you agree that the Service reserves the right to obtain financial information regarding your account from a Biller or your financial institution (for example, to resolve payment posting problems or for verification).
"Biller" is the person or entity to which you wish a bill payment to be directed or is the person or entity from which you receive electronic bills, as the case may be.
"Billing Account" is the checking account from which all Service fees will be automatically debited.
"Due Date" is the date reflected on your Biller statement for which the payment is due, not the late payment date or the date beginning or a date during any grace period.
"Eligible Transaction Account" is as defined in Section 36 of the General Terms, except that it shall be limited to an account that you hold with us, and from which bill payments will be debited.
"Exception Payments" means payments to deposit accounts or brokerage accounts, payments to settle securities transactions (including, without limitation, stocks, bonds, securities, futures (forex), options, or an investment interest in any entity or property).
"Payment Instruction" is as defined in Section 36 of the General Terms, and is further defined as the information provided by you to the Service for a bill payment to be made to the Biller (such as, but not limited to, Biller name, Biller account number, and Scheduled Payment Date).
"Scheduled Payment" is a payment that has been scheduled through the Service but has not begun processing.
"Scheduled Payment Date" is the day you want your Biller to receive your bill payment, unless the Scheduled Payment Date falls on a non-Business Day in which case it will be considered to be the previous Business Day.
POPMONEY® PAYMENTS SERVICE ADDITIONAL TERMS
1. Description of Service.
2. Payment Authorization and Payment Remittance.
By providing us with names and telephone numbers, email addresses, and/or bank account information of Receivers to whom you wish to direct payments, you authorize us to follow the Payment Instructions that we receive through the Service. Once registered, you authorize us to credit your Eligible Transaction Account for payments remitted to you on behalf of a Sender without further approval from you.
When we receive a Payment Instruction from you, you authorize us to debit your Eligible Transaction Account for the amount of any such Payment Instruction plus any related fees in effect (and as disclosed on the Site) at the time you initiate the Payment Instruction, and to remit funds on your behalf. You acknowledge and agree that any applicable fees will be charged when we receive a Payment Instruction from you, regardless of whether the Payment Instruction is ultimately completed. You also authorize us to credit your Eligible Transaction Account for the receipt of payments, including but not limited to those payments returned to us from Receivers to whom you sent payment(s) and those payments that were cancelled and returned to you because the processing of the Payment Instruction could not be completed.
You acknowledge and agree that if your Payment Instructions identify an account by name and account number, the relevant financial institution may execute those Payment Instructions by reference to the account number only, even if such account number does not correspond to the account name. You further acknowledge and agree that financial institutions holding the account may choose to not investigate discrepancies between account names and account numbers. We have no responsibility to investigate discrepancies between account names and account numbers, outside of our obligations under the law to investigate errors, described above in Section 22 of the General Terms (Errors, Questions, and Complaints).
You agree that we will not be liable in any way for any payments that you may receive, regardless of whether you authorized the Sender to send them to you.
We will use reasonable efforts to complete all your Payment Instructions properly. However, we shall incur no liability if we are unable to complete any transaction because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
1. If, through no fault of ours, the Eligible Transaction Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the Payment Instruction or the Payment Instruction would exceed the credit limit of your overdraft account;
2. The Service is not working properly and you know or have been advised by us about the malfunction before you execute the Payment Instruction;
3. The payment is refused as described in Section 5 of the Popmoney Terms below;
4. You have not provided us with the correct information, including but not limited to the correct Payment Instructions or Eligible Transaction Account information, or the correct name and address or mobile phone number of the Receiver to whom you are initiating a Payment Instruction; and/or,
5. Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, network or system down time, issues with the financial institution, or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the Payment Instruction.
f. It is the responsibility of the Sender and the Receiver to ensure the accuracy of any information that they enter into the Service (including but not limited to the Payment Instructions and name, telephone number and/or email address for the Receiver to whom you are attempting to send a payment), and for informing us as soon as possible if they become aware that this information is inaccurate. We will make a reasonable effort to stop or recover a payment made to the wrong person or entity once informed, but we do not guarantee such stoppage or recovery and will bear no responsibility or liability for damages resulting from incorrect information entered by the Sender or Receiver.
g. Popmoney Instant Payments: We are not responsible for the performance, speed, or other acts or omissions of the Payment Networks. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Agreement, Popmoney Instant Payments settlements are final except as set forth in the applicable Payment Network rules and recovery may not be possible; however, if applicable Payment Network rules allow for reversal of funds, we will attempt to recover such funds from the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account. We shall not be obligated to comply with the Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) Rules in such recovery efforts or otherwise in connection with Popmoney Instant Payments. We are only responsible for delivery of the applicable Payment Instructions to the applicable Payment Network in the format required by the applicable Payment Network’s specifications. We will choose the Payment Networks in which we will participate in our sole discretion.
3. Initiation of Payment Instructions. You may initiate (a) a one-time Payment Instruction to a Receiver for which processing shall be initiated immediately, (b) a one-time Payment Instruction to a Receiver for which processing shall be initiated at a later specified date up to one (1) year, and (c) a recurring series of Payment Instructions to a Receiver for which processing shall be initiated on the specified dates. Options (b) and (c) above are not available for Popmoney Instant Payments. Further details about each of these options can be found on the Site.
Payment Instructions initiated to Receivers are processed in two ways. You can provide all the required information about the Receiver, including his/her Eligible Transaction Account, necessary to complete a transfer of funds. Alternatively, you can provide contact information about the Receiver (including an email address and/or mobile telephone number) and the Popmoney Service may contact the Receiver and request that the Receiver (i) provide information so that we may validate the identity of the Receiver at the Popmoney Website and then (ii) provide Eligible Transaction Account information in order to complete the Payment Instruction (a "Two-Step Transfer"). If the Receiver maintains an Eligible Transaction Account with an institution that participates in or offers the Popmoney Service, the Receiver may access the Popmoney Service at his or her financial institution’s website or mobile application to complete the Payment Instruction and receive the payment.
For Popmoney Instant Payments, you can initiate a Payment Instruction using (i) the Receiver’s email address or mobile number, and the Popmoney Service will validate the Popmoney Instant Payments eligibility of the Receiver prior to transferring the funds; or (ii) the Receiver’s debit card information, and the funds will be immediately deposited into the Receiver’s checking or savings account affiliated with the debit card. Not all Payment Networks participate in Popmoney Instant Payments. Payment delivery speed may vary based upon the funds availability policy of each financial institution and Payment Network availability.
You understand and agree that when you initiate a Payment Instruction from an Eligible Transaction Account using the Popmoney Service, the processing of the Payment Instruction will begin and the debiting of your Eligible Transaction Account will occur as early as the day of such initiation. However, other than with respect to Popmoney Instant Payments, the payment funds will be transferred into the Receiver's Eligible Transaction Account no earlier than the next Business Day after you initiated the Payment Instruction. If you request a one-time Payment Instruction to be initiated on a specified date or a recurring series of Payment Instruction to be initiated on specified dates, then the processing of the Payment Instruction will begin on the specified date and the debiting of your Eligible Transaction Account will occur as early as the specified date(s). However, the payment funds will be transferred into the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account no earlier than the next Business Day following the specified date. In addition, in the case of all Two-Step Transfers, the deposit of the payment funds into the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account (even if debited or withdrawn from your Eligible Transaction Account) may be delayed if the Receiver has not provided the Popmoney Service with certain required information such as his or her Eligible Transaction Account information. The Site may contain additional information regarding the delivery of a payment to an Eligible Transaction Account.
You acknowledge and agree that we will begin to process the requested transfer of funds once the Receiver has provided (or we otherwise obtain) all required information, and you hereby authorize and direct us to retain such funds until the earlier of such time as the Receiver has provided (or we otherwise obtain) all required information or ten (10) Business Days. You further acknowledge and agree that our receipt of money to be transmitted to a Receiver shall not be deemed to have occurred and our obligation to complete a Payment Instruction shall not begin until such time as the Receiver provides us with (or we otherwise obtain) all required information necessary to process the related Payment Instruction in accordance with this Agreement. Any cancellation of a Payment Instruction prior to the Receiver providing us with such information shall be subject to the provisions of Section 5 of the Popmoney Terms, below. 4. Receiving Payments. If another person wants to initiate a Payment Instruction (including in response to a Popmoney Request, if applicable) using the Popmoney Service to an Eligible Transaction Account you hold or, as applicable, if you as a Requestor want to initiate a Popmoney Request, he, she or you can do that from the Site or from an Eligible Transaction Account at a financial institution that participates in the Popmoney Service or at the Popmoney Website.
You understand and agree that there may be a delay between the time you are notified of the pending Payment Instruction and the deposit of the payment funds into your Eligible Transaction Account, and you may be required to take additional steps to facilitate the deposit of the payment of funds into your Eligible Transaction Account. You authorize the Sender, the financial institution which holds the Sender's Eligible Transaction Account and us (including through the Site) to send emails to you and text messages to your mobile phone in connection with the Sender's initiation of Payment Instructions to you, and, as a Receiver, you may also receive Popmoney Requests from others through the Service.
You acknowledge and agree that in the event that funds are transferred into your Eligible Transaction Account as a result of a Payment Instruction and it is determined that such transfer was improper because it was not authorized by the sender, because there were not sufficient funds in the sender's account, or for any other reason, then you hereby authorize us or our Service Provider to withdraw from your Eligible Transaction Account an amount equal to the amount of funds improperly transferred to you.
If applicable, if you as a Requestor initiate a Popmoney Request using the Service you acknowledge and agree that as disclosed on the Site (a) the applicable service fee will be deducted from payments received by you from a Sender(s), and (b) no service fee will be charged if you as the Requestor do not receive any payments from the individuals to whom the Popmoney Request is sent. Further details about the foregoing can be found on the Site. You acknowledge and agree that individuals to whom you send a Popmoney Request may not receive, or otherwise may reject or ignore, your Popmoney Request. We do not guarantee that you will receive any payments from individuals by initiating a Popmoney Request.
5. Payment Cancellation, Stop Payment Requests and Refused Payments. Sender may cancel the initiation of a Payment Instruction or stop a Payment Instruction at any time until the processing of the Payment Instruction into the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account has begun. Popmoney Instant Payments Payment Instructions may not be cancelled as the Payment Instructions will be processed immediately. Our ability to stop a Payment Instruction or recover funds associated with an unauthorized Payment Instruction will depend on the manner in which the Payment Instruction was initiated, and whether the Payment Instruction to the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account has begun processing. Although we will make a reasonable effort to accommodate a stop payment request and to recover funds associated with an unauthorized Payment Instruction, we will have no liability for failing to do so. We may also require you to present your stop payment request or request to recover funds in writing within fourteen (14) days after contacting customer care. If we charge you to stop the payment or recover funds, then the charge for each stop payment or fund recovery request will be the current charge as set out in our current fee schedule. Payments not claimed by a Receiver will be automatically cancelled ten (10) days after the processing of the payment begins. When a Sender initiates a Payment Instruction, the Receiver is not required to accept the payment. You agree that you as a Sender will not hold us liable for any damages resulting from a Receiver’s decision to accept or not to accept a Payment Instruction initiated or attempted through the Service. We will, to the extent permitted by law, make reasonable attempts to return any unclaimed, refused, refunded, prohibited, or denied payment to your Eligible Transaction Account or use other reasonable efforts to return such payment to you as permitted by law.
6. Mobile Phone Users. Your phone service provider is not the provider of the Service. Users of the Service will receive text messages relating to their Payment Instructions and other notices from time to time if a mobile phone number is provided. Data and messaging charges from your telecommunications provider may apply, and you are responsible for any such charges. In the event your enrolled mobile device is lost or stolen, you agree to update your enrollment information and make the appropriate changes to disable the use of such device. You understand that there are risks associated with using a mobile device, and that in the event of theft or loss, your confidential information could be compromised. If you have questions about mobile service, you may send a text message with the word "HELP" to this number: 767666. To stop receiving text messages on your mobile phone, text "STOP" to this number: 767666.
7. Service Fees and Additional Charges. You are responsible for paying all fees associated with your use of the Service. Applicable fees will be disclosed in the user interface for, or elsewhere within, the Service or Site. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY APPLICABLE FEES WILL BE CHARGED REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE PAYMENT INSTRUCTION IS COMPLETED, UNLESS THE FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE INSTRUCTION IS SOLELY DUE TO OUR FAULT, except for those fees that are specifically use-based, such as Popmoney Request, if applicable. There may be a charge for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay such charges and authorize us to deduct the calculated amount from your designated Eligible Transaction Account for these amounts and any additional charges that may be incurred by you. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts (or Other Eligible Transaction Accounts) will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and Internet service provider. Section 18 of the General Terms (Failed Or Returned Payment Instructions) applies if you do not pay our fees and charges for the Service, including without limitation if we debit the Eligible Transaction Account for such fees, as described in this Section, and there are insufficient fees in the Eligible Transaction Account.
8. Refused Payments. We reserve the right to refuse to pay any Receiver. We will attempt to notify the Sender promptly if we decide to refuse to pay a Receiver designated by the Sender.
9 Returned Payments. In using the Service, you understand that Receivers may reject Payment Instructions or otherwise return payments. We will use reasonable efforts to complete Payment Instructions initiated through the Service.
"Popmoney Request" means functionality that, if provided to you, allows a Requestor to request that another individual initiate a Payment Instruction to the Requestor through the Popmoney Service.
"Receiver" is a person or business entity that is sent a Payment Instruction through the Service.
"Requestor" is a person that requests an individual to initiate a Payment Instruction through the Popmoney Service.
"Sender" is a person or business entity that sends a Payment Instruction through the Service.
Mobile Banking Agreement
Thank you for using Northwoods Bank of Minnesota Mobile Banking combined with your handheld's text messaging capabilities. Message & Data rates may apply. For help, text "HELP" to 99588. To cancel, text "STOP" to 99588 at anytime. In case of questions please contact customer service at 218-732-7221 or visit https://www.northwoodsbank.com/.
Terms and Conditions
Mobile Banking and any software you may obtain from Mobile Banking (“Software”) may not be available at any time for any reason outside of the reasonable control of Northwoods Bank of Minnesota or any service provider.
Privacy and User Information. You acknowledge that in connection with your use of Mobile Banking, Northwoods Bank of Minnesota and its affiliates and service providers, including Fiserv, Inc. and its affiliates, may receive names, domain names, addresses, passwords, telephone and device numbers, the content of messages, data files, data about your usage of the service (such as session length, number of transactions and geolocation), and other data and information provided by you or from other sources in connection with Mobile Banking or the Software (collectively “User Information”). Northwoods Bank of Minnesota and its affiliates and service providers will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the information from unauthorized disclosure or use, but reserve the right to use and disclose this information as reasonably necessary to deliver Mobile Banking, perform analytics to improve the service, and as otherwise permitted by law, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or the public, to defend claims, and as otherwise authorized by you. Northwoods Bank of Minnesota and its affiliates and service providers also reserve the right to monitor use of Mobile Banking and the Software for purposes of verifying compliance with the law, these terms and conditions and any applicable license, but disclaim any obligation to monitor, filter, or edit any content.
Restrictions on Use. You agree not to use Mobile Banking or the Software in or for any illegal, fraudulent, unauthorized or improper manner or purpose and will only be used in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including all applicable state, federal, and international Internet, data, telecommunications, telemarketing, “spam,” and import/export laws and regulations, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use Mobile Banking or the Software to transmit or disseminate: (i) junk mail, spam, or unsolicited material to persons or entities that have not agreed to receive such material or to whom you do not otherwise have a legal right to send such material; (ii) material that infringes or violates any third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, privacy, or confidentiality, or the rights or legal obligations of any wireless service provider or any of its clients or subscribers; (iii) material or data, that is illegal, or material or data, as determined by Northwoods Bank of Minnesota (in its sole discretion), that is harassing, coercive, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, materials that are harmful to minors or excessive in quantity, or materials the transmission of which could diminish or harm the reputation of Northwoods Bank of Minnesota or any third-party service provider involved in the provision of Mobile Banking; (iv) material or data that is alcoholic beverage-related (e.g., beer, wine, or liquor), tobacco-related (e.g., cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco), guns or weapons-related (e.g., firearms, bullets), illegal drugs-related (e.g., marijuana, cocaine), pornographic-related (e.g., adult themes, sexual content), crime-related (e.g., organized crime, notorious characters), violence-related (e.g., violent games), death-related (e.g., funeral homes, mortuaries), hate-related (e.g. racist organizations), gambling-related (e.g., casinos, lotteries), specifically mentions any wireless carrier or copies or parodies the products or services of any wireless carrier; (v) viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information; (vi) any material or information that is false, misleading, or inaccurate; (vii) any material that would expose Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, any third-party service provider involved in providing Mobile Banking, or any other third party to liability; or (viii) any signal or impulse that could cause electrical, magnetic, optical, or other technical harm to the equipment or facilities of Fiserv or any third party. You agree that you will not attempt to: (a) access any software or services for which your use has not been authorized; or (b) use or attempt to use a third party’s account; or (c) interfere in any manner with the provision of Mobile Banking or the Software, the security of Mobile Banking or the Software, or other customers of Mobile Banking or the Software; or (d) otherwise abuse Mobile Banking or the Software.
Use of Google Maps: You agree to abide by the Google terms and conditions of use found at http://maps.google.cohttp://maps.google.com/help/terms_maps.htmlm/help/terms_maps.html and the Google Legal Notices found at https://maps.google.com/help/legalnotices_maps/, or other URLs as may be updated by Google.
Card Controls Additional Terms.
Alerts Additional Terms.
Alerts. Your enrollment in Northwoods Bank of Minnesota Online Banking and/or Mobile Banking (the “Service”) includes enrollment to receive transaction alerts and notifications (“Alerts”). Alerts are electronic notices from us that contain transactional information about your Northwoods Bank of Minnesota account(s). Alerts are provided within the following categories:
· Mandatory Alerts provide you with important account notifications, such as information about changes to your Online Banking password, PIN, or login information. You do not have the option to suppress these Mandatory Alerts.
· Account Alerts provide you with notification of important account activities or when certain changes are made to your Service accounts. These Alerts are automatically activated for you. Although you may suppress these Account Alerts, we strongly recommend that you do not do so because they provide important information related to your Service accounts.
· Additional Alerts must be activated by you to be enabled. These Additional Alerts can be accessed from the More menu within Northwoods Bank of Minnesota Mobile Banking.
Account Alerts and Additional Alerts must be managed and/or added online through the Service. You cannot maintain all Alerts through your mobile device. We may add new Alerts from time to time, or cancel old Alerts. We usually notify you when we cancel Alerts, but are not obligated to do so. Northwoods Bank of Minnesota reserves the right to terminate its Alerts service at any time without prior notice to you.
Methods of Delivery. We may provide Alerts through one or more channels (“EndPoints”): (a) a mobile device, by text message; (b) a mobile device, by push notification; (c) an email account, by an e-mail message; or (d) your Northwoods Bank of Minnesota Online Banking message in-box, by an e-mail message. You agree to receive Alerts through these EndPoints, and it is your responsibility to determine that each of the service providers for the EndPoints described in (a) through (c) above supports the email, push notification, and text message Alerts provided through the Alerts service. Please be advised that text or data charges or rates may be imposed by your EndPoint service provider. Alert frequency varies by account and preferences. You agree to provide us a valid mobile phone number or email address so that we may send you Alerts. If your email address or your mobile device's number changes, you are responsible for informing us of that change. Your Alerts will be updated to reflect the changes that you communicate to us with regard to your primary and secondary email addresses or mobile device number.
Alerts via Text Message. To stop Alerts via text message, text "STOP" to 99588 at anytime. Alerts sent to your primary email address will be unaffected by this action. To restore Alerts on your mobile phone, just visit the Alerts tab in Northwoods Bank of Minnesota Online Banking and click the box next to your mobile number for the Alerts you'd like to receive again. For help with SMS text alerts, text “HELP” to 99588. In case of questions please contact customer service at 218-732-7221. Our participating carriers include (but are not limited to) AT&T, SprintPCS, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular®, Verizon Wireless, MetroPCS.
Limitations. Northwoods Bank of Minnesota provides Alerts as a convenience to you for information purposes only. An Alert does not constitute a bank record for the deposit or credit account to which it pertains. We strive to provide Alerts in a timely manner with accurate information. However, you acknowledge and agree that your receipt of any Alerts may be delayed or prevented by factor(s) affecting your mobile phone service provider, internet service provider(s) and other factors outside Northwoods Bank of Minnesota’s control. We neither guarantee the delivery nor the accuracy of the contents of each Alert. You agree to not hold Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, its directors, officers, employees, agents and service providers liable for losses or damages, including attorneys' fees, that may arise, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from (a) a non-delivery, delayed delivery, or the misdirected delivery of an Alert; (b) inaccurate or incomplete content in an Alert; or (c) your reliance on or use of the information provided in an Alert for any purpose.
Privacy and User Information – Data Analytics. You acknowledge that in connection with your use of Mobile Banking, Northwoods Bank of Minnesota and its affiliates and service providers, including Fiserv, Inc. and its affiliates, may receive data about your usage of the service (such as session length, number of transactions and geolocation), and other data and information provided by you or from other sources in connection with Mobile Banking or the Software. Northwoods Bank of Minnesota and its affiliates and service providers will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the information from unauthorized disclosure or use, but reserve the right to use and disclose this information as reasonably necessary to deliver Mobile Banking, perform analytics to improve the service, and as otherwise permitted by law, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or the public, to defend claims, and as otherwise authorized by you.
Biometric Login for Mobile Banking.
Biometric login is an optional biometric sign-in method for Northwoods Bank of Minnesota Mobile Banking that may be available for certain mobile devices that have a built-in biometric scanner. To use biometric login, you will need to first save your fingerprint/facial feature scan on your mobile device (for more help with biometric scanning, contact the manufacturer that supports your mobile device). Biometrics are stored on your device only and Northwoods Bank of Minnesota never sees or stores your biometric information. You acknowledge that by enabling biometric login, you will allow anyone who has biometric information stored on your device access to your personal and payment account information within Northwoods Bank of Minnesota Mobile Banking. Northwoods Bank of Minnesota reserves the right to suspend or disable this feature at any time. Biometric login can only be associated with one Mobile Banking username at a time on a device. If your device doesn’t recognize your biometric information, you can sign in using your standard login credentials (e.g., password). To use biometric login for Mobile Banking on multiple devices, you will need to set it up for each device. You can enable or disable biometric login anytime within Northwoods Bank of Minnesota Mobile Banking.
Mobile Remote Deposit Capture Agreement
This Mobile Remote Deposit Capture Agreement (as amended and/or supplemented, this “Agreement”)
governs your use of Northwoods Bank of Minnesota’s Mobile Remote Deposit Capture Service (the “Mobile Deposit Service” or “Service”). Northwoods Bank of Minnesota offers the Mobile Deposit Service under this Agreement only in association with one or more deposit accounts maintained by you at Northwoods Bank of Minnesota.
This Agreement is in addition to other agreements between you and Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, including the applicable deposit account disclosure agreement(s) and terms and conditions, and our rules and regulations as well as your loan agreements with Northwoods Bank of Minnesota. You should review the disclosures provided to you when you opened your account(s) with Northwoods Bank of Minnesota.
All electronic communications that meet these requirements will be deemed to be valid and authentic and you intend and agree that those electronic communications will be given the same legal effect as written and signed paper communications. You agree that electronic copies of communications are valid and you will not contest the validity of the originals or copies, absent proof of tampering or altered data. You may request a paper copy of any of our agreements be sent to you via standard mail by writing or calling us. Our contact information is provided in this agreement.
“Business Day” shall mean every day excluding Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays.
“Client”, “You” or “your” is used to refer to each person who applies or is authorized by you to use the Service through Mobile Banking.
"Mobile Banking" means a suite of services that we make available, enabling you to conduct banking transactions with us by using your Mobile Device.
"Mobile Device" means a cellular telephone or similar wireless communications device (1) that is installed with software permitted by us ("Mobile Banking Software") that you have downloaded in order to conduct Mobile Banking transactions, or (2) that is capable of conducting Mobile Banking transactions by using other protocols we may choose to permit.
“We,” “us,” and “our” are used to refer to Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, the depository institution that holds one or more accounts accessed by the Service through Mobile Banking.
Terms and Conditions
1. General Description of Mobile Deposit Service. Subject to the terms, provisions and conditions of this Agreement, we shall provide the Mobile Deposit Service to you, which allows you to make deposits to your deposit accounts from your Mobile Device by taking images of checks on your Mobile Device and delivering the images and information required hereby to us or our designated processor (a “Processor”) through our Mobile Banking service. Deposit accounts (“Accounts) eligible for the Mobile Deposit Service are those in which you are an authorized signer on. You may notify us of the accounts which you would like available for the Mobile Deposit Service, but we may allow all accounts in which you are an authorized signer on to be available within the Mobile Deposit Service. You may add or delete deposit accounts, as applicable and authorized, from our Mobile Deposit Service by contacting us at (218) 732-7221. You acknowledge and agree that a deposit made by you using this Mobile Deposit Service is not an “Electronic Fund Transfer” as that term is defined in Federal Reserve Board Regulation E. The terms Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, We, Us, and Our and Processor may be used interchangeably when used in relation to any services performed by a Processor on behalf of us including, but not limited to, the receipt and processing of images and check data and any notices related thereto. The Mobile Device must capture an image of the front and back of each Check (as herein defined) to be deposited (each an “Image” and, if more than one, “Images”).After capture of the Images and all other required data and information from each check, you will transmit one or more files containing the Images and all other required data and information from or pertaining to all checks (each such file a “File” and, if more than one, “Files”) to us or Processor via the Mobile Banking service. Subject to compliance with the terms, provisions and conditions of, and as provided in, this Agreement, we will provisionally credit the Account or Accounts designated by you for the amount of the deposit(s) to which the File(s) pertains on the day of receipt of the File(s) and enter the images of the checks into the collection process, in accordance with the provisions of our then current deposit account agreement and disclosure pertaining to the Account(s) into which the deposit is to be made (the “Deposit Agreement”) and this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that we may discontinue, and/or change the terms of, the Mobile Deposit Service or any related content, features, products or services associated therewith, at any time without notice or liability to you or any third party. You hereby agree that we shall be the exclusive provider of the Service provided in accordance with this Agreement and that you will not use the same or similar services of any other party without first notifying Northwoods Bank of Minnesota and receiving permission.
2. Hardware and Software. You understand and hereby agree that, at your sole cost and expense, you are responsible for providing your own Mobile Device that supports 256-bit encryption to ensure the proper and secure access and functioning of the Mobile Deposit Service. As the Mobile Deposit Service is accessed via Mobile Banking, please refer to the Mobile Banking Agreement to review additional terms regarding hardware and software use, licensing, and limitation of liability.
We are not responsible for, and you hereby release us from any and all claims or damages resulting from, or related to, any virus or related problems that may be associated with using electronic mail, the Internet, or mobile communications. We are not responsible for, and you hereby release us from any and all claims or damages resulting from, or related to, defects in or malfunctions of your Mobile Device hardware or software, or failures of or interruptions in any Mobile Device or Internet services. We hereby advise you, and you hereby agree, to monitor your Mobile Device for viruses using a reliable virus detection product in order to detect and remove viruses.
All right, title and interest in and to (a) any and all software programs, including, but not limited to, the object and source codes therefore, and any and all updates, upgrades, fixes and enhancements thereto and any and all documentation and instructions pertaining thereto (everything in this clause (a), collectively, “Software”, (b) any and all instructions and other documentation provided to, or used by you, including those available at the mobile banking section of our website, www.northwoodsbank.com, in connection with the Mobile Deposit Service everything in this clause, collectively, the “Documentation”) shall be, and remain, the property of Northwoods Bank of Minnesota or any third party Software provider, as applicable. Unless otherwise expressly authorized, you may not (a) copy, reproduce, transmit, retransmit, disseminate, display, publish, sell, broadcast, circulate, distribute, transfer, assign, commercially exploit, reverse engineer, reverse compile or create derivative works of, the Software in any form or (b) copy, reproduce, transmit, retransmit, disseminate, display, publish, sell, broadcast, circulate, distribute, transfer, assign, commercially exploit the Documentation.
3. Checks Deposited and Security Interest. You hereby agree that you will only take photos (or “images”) and deposit a check(s) as that term is defined in Federal Reserve Board Regulation CC (“Reg. CC”). You agree that the image of the check that is transmitted to us (each such check and other item a “Check” and, if more than one, “Checks”) shall be deemed an “item” within the meaning of Article 4 of the Uniform Commercial Code (1990 Official Text). You further agree that you will not remotely deposit any check or other item that: (a) are payable to any person or entity other than you, (b) are drawn, or otherwise issued, by you on any account of yours maintained at another financial institution unless you notify and receive permission from us prior to submitting the deposit, (c) are in violation of any law, rule or regulation, (d) you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, is fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the Check is drawn, (e) have not been previously endorsed by a Financial Institution and are either “substitute checks” (as defined in Reg CC or other applicable federal law or regulation) or “image replacement documents” that purport to be substitute checks, without our prior written consent, (f) are drawn on financial institutions that are located outside of the United States or Territories of the United States, (g) which are not acceptable to us for deposit into a deposit account as provided in the Deposit Agreement, which is incorporated herein by reference and made a part hereof (Checks described in clauses (a) through (g) each a “Prohibited Check” and, collectively, “Prohibited Checks”). If you deposit a Prohibited Check, you agree to indemnify and reimburse us for, and hold us harmless from and against, any and all losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) we may incur associated with any warranty, indemnity or other claim related thereto. Furthermore, if, after first having obtained our written consent to do so, you provide us with an electronic representation of a substitute check for deposit into an Account instead of an original Check, you agree to indemnify and reimburse us for, and hold us harmless from and against, any and all losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees we incur because any such substitute check resulting from such electronic representation does not meet applicable substitute check standards and/or causes duplicate payments.
You grant us a security interest in all Accounts or other deposits (whether general or special) of yours at Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, and in all funds in such Accounts or other deposits, to secure your obligations to us under this Agreement. This security interest will survive termination of this Agreement.
4. Imaging of Checks and Transmission of Files. You shall properly download and use all software and hardware required by this Agreement or otherwise required for, or related to, the use of the Mobile Deposit Service. You shall (a) endorse each Check to be deposited (b) take a photo of the front and back of each Check to be deposited and thereby capture the photo of the front and back of each Check and any other required data from, each Check and (c) transmit the File containing the images of and all other required data and information from or pertaining to such Checks to us or our Processor. We may provide you with, or require you to establish, a User Code, a personal identification number (“PIN”) and/or passwords and other procedures (collectively, “Security Procedures”) to access the Mobile Deposit Service. You agree to, at all times, (a) safeguard the confidentiality and security of the Security Procedures and all other proprietary property or information we provide to you in connection with the Mobile Deposit Service and (b) notify us immediately if you have any reason to believe the security or confidentiality required by this provision has been or may be breached. You acknowledge, understand and agree the Security Procedures are not designed for the detection of errors. We are not, and will not be, obligated to detect errors by you or others, even if we take certain actions from time to time to do so.
To ensure accuracy, you shall balance the dollar amount of each deposit to the sum of the Checks prior to transmitting the File. You may send multiple Files or items to us or our Processor throughout the day, not to exceed the number of Files or items specified in Attachment A. The total dollar value of the Files sent by you to us on any day or month, as appropriate, shall not exceed the dollar amount specified in Attachment A (the “Deposit Limit”). If the total dollar value of the Files sent by you to us on any day or month, as appropriate, exceeds the Deposit Limit, we may, at our option, refuse to accept the File that exceeds the Deposit Limit, or we may accept and process the File. You agree not to exceed the Deposit Limit. To be eligible for processing on the day transmitted, Files must be received by us no later than the cut-off time specified in Attachment A (the “Cut-Off Time”). A File is considered received by us when a complete copy of such File has been written on our electronic storage device in conformity with our technical and operational requirements. To meet the Cut-Off Time, the entire File must be received by us prior to the Cut-Off Time, and the File must successfully pass the edits for conformity with the technical requirements. For purposes of determining when a File has been delivered and received, our records shall be determinative. A File which is not balanced or which is received after the Cut-Off Time shall be deemed to have been received on the Business Day following the Business Day on which the File is actually received by us. We reserve the right to change the number of Files that may be transmitted in a day or month, as appropriate, the Deposit Limit that may be transmitted in a day or month, as appropriate, and the Cut-Off Time. All such changes shall be effective immediately and may be implemented without notice to you. You may contact us at any time to verify the current number of Files that may be transmitted in a day or month, as appropriate, the Deposit Limit that may be transmitted in a day or month, as appropriate, and the Cut-Off Time.
5. Maintenance and Destruction of Original Check. You shall stamp or write on the original Check “Processed” before or during the process of depositing the Check in accordance with Section 4 of this Agreement. You shall securely store all original Checks until they have been posted to your Account(s) (such period the “Retention Period”). During the Retention Period, you shall take appropriate security measures to ensure that: (a) only authorized individuals or personnel shall have access to original Checks, (b) the information contained on such Checks shall not be disclosed, (c) such Checks will not be duplicated or scanned more than one time and (d) such Checks will not be deposited or negotiated in any form. You shall destroy original Checks upon the expiration of the Retention Period applicable to such Checks. You will use commercially reasonable methods to destroy original Checks after expiration of the Retention Period such as cross-cut shredding. You hereby indemnify us for, and hold us harmless from and against, any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, losses and damages, of whatever nature or kind, and regardless of the theory upon which the same is (are) based, caused directly or indirectly by, arising out of, related to, in connection with or resulting wholly or partially from, the destruction of original Checks by you. You will promptly (but in all events within 5 Business Days) provide any retained Check (or, if the Check is no longer in existence, a sufficient copy of the front and back of the Check) to us as requested to aid in the clearing and collection process or to resolve claims by third parties with respect to any Check.
6. Image and MICR Quality. Each File transmitted by you to us shall contain Images of the front and the back of the Check(s) imaged and deposited through your Mobile Device by you. Each Image of each Check shall be of such quality that the following information can clearly be read and understood by sight review of such Image:
(a) the amount of the Check;
(b) the payee of the Check;
(c) the signature of the drawer of the Check;
(d) the date of the Check;
(e) the Check number;
(f) the information identifying the drawer and the paying Financial Institution that is preprinted on the Check, including the MICR line; and
(g) all other information placed on the Check prior to the time an image of the Check is captured, such as any required identification written on the front of the Check and any endorsements applied to the back of the Check.
Each Image shall also meet all standards for image quality established by the American National Standards Institute (“ANSI”), the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve or any other regulatory agency, clearing house or association.
Customer shall also capture and transmit to us the full-field MICR encoding on each Check. Customer shall ensure that the following information is captured from the MICR line of each Check:
(a) the American Bankers Association routing transit number (“RTN”);
(b) the number of the account on which the Check is drawn;
(c) when encoded, the amount of the Check; and
(d) when encoded, the serial number and the process control field of the Check.
7. Receipt of File. You agree that you shall be solely liable for, and we shall not have any liability whatsoever to you for, any File or the Images or other information contained therein that are not received by us or for any File or the Images or other information contained therein that are intercepted or altered by an unauthorized third party. You agree that we have no obligation to accept a File and, therefore, may reject any File or the Images or other information contained therein submitted by you. We have no obligation to notify you of the rejection of a File or the Images or other information contained therein. We shall have no liability to you for the rejection of a File or the Images or other information contained therein or for the failure to notify you of such rejection. Upon receipt of a File submitted by you, we may examine such File and the Images and other information contained therein to ensure that you have complied with this Agreement. If we determine that you have not complied with this Agreement or if errors exist in the Images or other information contained in the File, we, in our sole discretion, may either reject the File or elect to correct the error and accept and process the corrected File (a “Corrected File”). As a form of correction, we may credit your Account for the full amount of the deposit and make any necessary adjustments to the Account to correct the error. We may, at our option, also perform a risk management analysis of one or more Files submitted by you to detect potentially fraudulent Checks, and, in our sole discretion, we may reject any such File or the Images or other information contained therein. If after examination of a File and the Images and other information contained therein, we determine that you have complied with this Agreement and processed and transmitted the File in accordance herewith, the File is balanced and the Images meet the requirements of Section 6 of this Agreement, then we shall accept the File (an “Accepted File”) for deposit to your Account. Upon acceptance of the File, we shall electronically notify you of receipt and acceptance of the Accepted File for deposit. Notwithstanding the fact that we have accepted a File for deposit, any credit made to your Account shall be provisional, and you shall remain liable to us for any errors, inaccuracies, breach of warranties and any other loss sustained by, or claim made against, us.
8. Provisional Credit and Availability of Funds. Upon acceptance of the File, we shall grant your Account Provisional Credit (as herein defined) for the total amount of the Corrected File or the Accepted File, as applicable. As used herein, “Provisional Credit” means that the credit is made to your Account subject to final payment of the Checks and subject to the terms of the Deposit Agreement. For the purpose of determining availability of funds, we may hold funds for the period of time permitted by Reg. CC, however, funds will generally be made available to you on the first Business Day after the day we receive your deposit. Please refer to the account disclosures provided to you at account opening or review our Funds Availability Policy, as amended, for more details. For the purposes of determining the time for which funds may be held by us under Reg. CC, the place of deposit shall be Northwoods Bank of Minnesota 1200 East First St Park Rapids, MN 56470.
9. Laws, Rules and Regulations. You agree to comply with all existing and future operating procedures used by us for processing of transactions. You further agree to comply with, and be bound by, all applicable state or federal laws, rules, regulations, orders, guidelines, operating circulars and pronouncements, affecting checks and drafts, including, but not limited to, all rules and procedural guidelines established by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve and the Electronic Check Clearing House Organization (“ECCHO”) and any other clearinghouse or other organization in which we are a member or to which rules we have agreed to be bound. The Rules are incorporated herein by reference. These procedures, rules, and regulations (collectively the “Rules”) and laws are incorporated herein by reference. In the event of conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the Rules, the Rules will control.
10. Collection of Checks. We, in our sole discretion, shall determine the manner in which Images shall be presented for payment to the drawee financial institution. We, in our sole discretion, shall select the clearing agents used to collect and present the Images, and our selection of the clearing agents shall be considered to have been designated by us. We shall not be liable for the negligence of any clearing agent. Collection of Checks is also subject to the Rules and the terms of the Deposit Agreement.
11. Contingency Plan. You agree that, in the event you are not able to capture, balance, process, produce or transmit a File to us, or otherwise comply with the terms hereof, for any reason, including, but not limited to, communications, equipment or software outages, interruptions or failures, you will transport the originals of all Checks to the closest office of Northwoods Bank of Minnesota and deposit original Checks with us until such time that the outage, interruption or failure is identified and resolved if you elect to do so. The deposit of original Checks at an office of Northwoods Bank of Minnesota shall be governed by the terms and conditions of the Deposit Agreement and not by the terms of this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and to the extent applicable, Section 12 of this Agreement dealing with warranties shall apply to the deposit of original Checks.
12. Warranties. You represent, warrant and covenant the following to Northwoods Bank of Minnesota:
(a) Checks Deposited. You shall only deposit Checks that are authorized by this Agreement and the Deposit Agreement;
(b) Image Quality. Each Image transmitted by you to us contains an accurate representation of the front and the back of each Check and complies with the requirements of this Agreement;
(c) Accuracy of Information. All data and other information submitted by you to us, including, but not limited, to data contained in the MICR line of each Check is complete and accurate and complies with the requirements of this Agreement;
(d) No Duplicates. You will not: (i) create duplicate Images of the Checks, (ii) transmit a duplicate Image or File to us, or (iii) deposit or otherwise negotiate the original of any Check of which an Image was created. You further warrant that no subsequent transferee, including but not limited to Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, a collecting or returning financial institution, drawer, drawee, payee or endorser, will be asked to pay the original Item from which the Image(s) was created or a duplication (whether paper or electronic, including ACH entries) of the Item(s);
(e) No Loss. No Subsequent transferees of the Item(s), including but not limited to Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, a collecting or returning financial institution, drawer, drawee, payee or endorser, shall sustain a loss as the result of the fact that the Image was presented for payment or returned instead of the original Check;
(f) Information. All information provided by you to us is true, complete and accurate and, if a business, properly reflects the business, financial condition and principal partners, owners or officers, of the business. You must not be engaged in, or affiliated with, any businesses, products or methods of selling other than those disclosed by you to us;
(g) Authority and Legality. (i) this Agreement is valid and enforceable against you in accordance with its terms; and (ii) the entry into, and performance of, this Agreement by you will not violate any law, or conflict with any other agreement, to which you are subject to;
(h) No Litigation. There is no action, suit or proceeding pending or, to your knowledge, threatened which, if decided adversely, would impair your ability to carry on your business substantially as now conducted or which would adversely affect your financial condition or operations.
(i) Transactions. All Checks and business transactions of yours are, and will be, bona fide. All signatures on Checks are authentic and authorized.
(j) Rule Compliance. You conduct your business, and submit Checks and Files in compliance with this Agreement, applicable law, and the Rules.
(k) Virus. No Files or Checks contain any viruses or other harmful, intrusive or invasive codes.
(l) Indemnity. You agree to indemnify us for, and hold us harmless from and against, any and all claims, losses, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from a breach of any of your warranties, representations and/or obligations under this Agreement or any other agreement between you and us, including, but not limited to, the Deposit Agreement, and the terms of this paragraph shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
13. Returned Checks. If Images of Checks deposited by you are dishonored or otherwise returned unpaid by the drawee financial institution, or are returned by a clearing agent for any reason, including, but not limited, to issues relating to the quality of the Image, you understand and agree that, since you either maintain the original Check or have destroyed the original Check in accordance with Section 5 of this Agreement, the original Check will not be returned, and we may charge back an Image of the Check to your Account. You understand and agree that the Image may be in the form of an electronic or paper reproduction of the original Check or a substitute check. Unless otherwise instructed by us, you agree not to deposit the original Check if an Image or other debit as previously described is charged back to you.
14. Fees and Charges. Currently, we charge no fees for the Mobile Deposit Service. However, we reserve the right to institute or change fees for the Mobile Deposit Service after sending you prior notice. You are also responsible for the costs of any communication lines and any data processing charges payable to third parties.
15. Amendments. We may amend the terms of this Agreement at any time, in our sole discretion, by giving notice to you. If required by this Agreement or by applicable law, notice will be given for the applicable required number of days in advance of each such amendment. Your continued use of the Mobile Deposit Service shall constitute your agreement to such amendments. No amendments requested by you shall be effective unless received, and agreed to in writing, by us.
16. Confirmation: Account Reconciliation. In addition to an email confirmation at the initial time of a mobile deposit, we will provide notice of receipt of a deposit to your Account on the periodic statement for such Account. You are responsible for detecting and reporting to us any discrepancy between your records and the records we provide to you. If you do not detect and notify us of such a discrepancy within 30 days of your receipt of any terminal printout, mailed report or periodic statement (each a “Report”), whichever is received first, then such transactions shall be considered correct, and you shall be precluded from asserting such error or discrepancy against us.
17. Update Notice. You shall provide written notice to us of any changes to the information previously provided by you to us. Such notice must be received by us within five (5) Business Days of the change. You shall provide any additional information requested by us within five (5) days of such request. We retain the right to: (i) review your Checks, Files and activities from time to time and (ii) re-price or terminate the Mobile Deposit Service based on changes to information previously provided to us by you.
18. Financial Institution’s Duties. Our duties and responsibilities are limited to those described in this Agreement, the Deposit Agreement and any other agreements governing the Accounts. We will use commercially reasonable care in performing our responsibilities under this Agreement.
19. Financial Institution’s Responsibilities. You agree to monitor your account balances and charges, to promptly notify us if any Report conflicts with your records, and to refrain from acting on information you have reason to believe is erroneous. In all instances, our and, if the services of a third party provider are utilized in the provision of the Mobile Deposit Service, such third party's sole liability to you shall be limited to the correction of any errors made. We shall not be responsible for suspension of performance of all or any of our obligations, responsibilities or covenants hereunder, whether expressed or implied, if at any time, or from time to time, compliance therewith is prevented or hindered by, or are in conflict with, any federal or state law, regulation or rule, the order of any court of competent jurisdiction, any act of God or of the public enemy, war, epidemic, strike, or work stoppages of the U.S. Postal Service and commercial carrier(s), or electric power disruption or shortage, telecommunications failure or computer failures; acts, omissions or errors of any carrier and/or agent operating between you and Northwoods Bank of Minnesota or Northwoods Bank of Minnesota and any Federal Reserve Bank or other agency utilized to exercise transfers or any recipients of transferred funds; any incorrect, unauthorized or fraudulent use or other fraud by any person other than our employees; or, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, any other cause or circumstance beyond our control or other conditions or circumstances not wholly controlled by us, which would prohibit, retard or otherwise affect our complete or partial performance under this Agreement.
20. Internet and Mobile Communications Disclaimer. We do not, and cannot, control the flow of any documents, files, data or other information via the Internet or mobile communication networks, whether to or from our network, other portions of the Internet, mobile communication networks, or otherwise. Such flow depends in large part on the performance of Internet and mobile communication services provided or controlled by third parties. Actions or inactions of such third parties can impair or disrupt your connections to the Internet or mobile communication networks (or portions thereof). We cannot guarantee that such events will not occur. Accordingly, we disclaim any and all liability arising out of, resulting from or related to, such events, and in no event shall we be liable for any damages of any kind (whether in contract, in tort or otherwise) that are attributable or in any way related to the Internet or mobile communication infrastructure or your or our ability or inability to connect to the Internet or mobile communication networks.
21. Indemnification and Liability; Third Party Claims. You hereby indemnify Northwoods Bank of Minnesota and each of its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, members, partners, agents, insurers and attorneys (each and “Indemnified Party” and, collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) for, and hold each of the Indemnified Parties harmless from and against, all actions, causes of action, claims, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any nature or kind (including those by third parties) arising out of, or related to, this Agreement, including all actions, causes of action, claims, damages, liabilities and expenses arising out of, related to or resulting from: (a) your (i) failure to report required changes, (ii) transmission of incorrect data to us or (iii) failure to maintain compliance with the Rules, (b) (i) your provision of the Mobile Deposit Service, (ii) our action or inaction in accordance with, or in reliance upon, any instructions or information received from any person reasonably believed by us to be you, (c) your breach of any of your representations, warranties, covenants or other agreements or responsibilities under this Agreement and/or (d) your breach or violation of any Rules; provided, however, you are not obligated to indemnify us for any damages solely and proximately caused by our gross negligence or willful misconduct.
22. Limit of Liability.
(a) ANY PROVISION IN THIS AGREEMENT, ANY OTHER AGREEMENT OR THE RULES TO THE CONTRARY NOTWITHSTANDING, WE SHALL ONLY BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES SOLELY AND PROXIMATELY CAUSED BY OUR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, AND OUR LIABILITY SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE LESSER OF (i) YOUR ACTUAL DAMAGES OR (ii) THE TOTAL FEES PAID BY YOU TO US FOR THE MOBILE DEPOSIT SERVICE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR ANY PROVIDER BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA OR COST OF COVER) ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATED TO, THE USE BY YOU OF THE MOBILE DEPOSIT SERVICE OR ANY SERVICE OR THE FAILURE OF US OR ANY PROVIDER TO PROPERLY PROCESS AND COMPLETE TRANSACTIONS THEREUNDER, EVEN IF WE OR SUCH PROVIDER(S) HAVE BEEN SPECIFICALLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES.
(b) YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE MOBILE DEPOSIT SERVICE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THAT THE MOBILE DEPOSIT SERVICE IS PROVIDED BY US IS ON AN “AS IS” BASIS.
(c) EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, WE MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN LAW OR IN FACT, TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON, AS TO THE MOBILE DEPOSIT SERVICE OR ANY ASPECT THEREOF, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR SUITABILITY, AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL OF THE SAME. YOU AGREE THAT NO ORAL OR WRITTEN ADVICE OR REPRESENTATION OBTAINED FROM ANY NORTHWOODS BANK OF MINNESOTA EMPLOYEE OR REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION FOR PURPOSES OF THIS AGREEMENT OR THE MOBILE DEPOSIT SERVICE TO BE PERFORMED PURSUANT HERETO.
(d) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, AND SUBJECT TO THE FOREGOING PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION DEALING WITH OUR LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES SOLELY AND PROXIMATELY CAUSED BY OUR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO CORRECTING ERRORS RESULTING FROM OUR FAILURE TO EXERCISE ORDINARY CARE.
(e) WE MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN LAW OR IN FACT, TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON AS TO ANY MOBILE DEVICE HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR EQUIPMENT IN CONNECTION WITH THE MOBILE DEPOSIT SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, MOBILE SERVICE, OR RELATED EQUIPMENT, YOUR SOFTWARE, OR YOUR MOBILE SERVICE PROVIDER OR THEIR EQUIPMENT, OR AS TO THE SUITABILITY OR COMPATIBILITY OF OUR SOFTWARE, INTERNET DELIVERED SERVICE, EQUIPMENT OR COMMUNICATION INTERFACES WITH THOSE THAT YOU USE, OR AS TO WHETHER ANY SOFTWARE OR INTERNET DELIVERED SERVICE WILL PERFORM IN AN UNINTERRUPTED MANNER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
(f) WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR FAILURES RESULTING FROM DEFECTS IN, OR MALFUNCTIONS OF, YOUR MOBILE DEVICE HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, FOR THE QUALITY OF PERFORMANCE OR LACK OF PERFORMANCE OF ANY MOBILE DEVICE SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE OR INTERNET DELIVERED SERVICES SUPPLIED BY US TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, OR FOR THE TRANSMISSION OR FAILURE OF TRANSMISSION OF ANY INFORMATION FROM YOU TO US, FROM US TO YOU, FROM YOU TO ANY PROCESSOR, FROM ANY PROCESSOR TO YOU, OR OTHERWISE. WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR NOTIFYING YOU OF ANY UPGRADES OR ENHANCEMENTS TO ANY OF YOUR MOBILE DEVICE HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE.
23. Third Parties; Maintenance.
(a) Mobile Deposit Service from Others. You may be using special equipment, services or software provided by a third party to assist it in processing Checks and Files hereunder (each a “Third Party” and, if more than one, “Third Parties”). You (i) agree that any Third Party that is acting as your agent in the delivery of Checks and Files to us, and (ii) agree to assume full responsibility and liability for any failure of that Third Party to comply with the Rules or this Agreement. We will not be liable for any losses or additional costs incurred by you as a result of any error by a Third Party or a malfunction of equipment provided by a Third Party. You shall provide at least ten (10) days advance written notice to us in the event you use any such Third Party. You are solely responsible for maintaining compliance with the requirements of any Third Party, including obtaining any software updates. You shall not have any responsibility for any Check or File handled by a Third Party until that point in time when we accept and approve a Check or File from such Third Party for processing.
(b) Equipment Maintenance. You shall be solely responsible for obtaining and properly maintaining your equipment and system requirements, including Mobile Device equipment, Internet connectivity, and any other equipment or items necessary to receive the Mobile Deposit Service. We shall not be liable to you, in any manner whatsoever, for any type of errors, losses, damages or other claims related to your failure to do so.
24. Financial Information. We may from time to time request information from you in order to evaluate a continuation of the Mobile Deposit Service to be provided by us hereunder and/or adjustment of any limits set by this Agreement. You agree to provide the requested financial information immediately upon request by us, in the form required by us. You authorize us to investigate or reinvestigate at any time any information provided by you in connection with this Agreement or the Mobile Deposit Service and to request reports from credit bureaus and reporting agencies for such purpose. If you refuse to provide the requested financial information, or if we conclude, in our sole discretion, that your credit risk is unacceptable, we may terminate the Mobile Deposit Service according to the provisions hereof.
25. Confidential Information and Proprietary Right in Data. All information of a business nature relating to the assets, liabilities or other business affairs disclosed to us by you in connection with this Agreement is confidential. Except as allowed by applicable law, we shall not disclose or permit access to any such information by any person, firm or corporation. We shall cause our officers, employees and agents to take such action as shall be reasonably necessary to preserve and protect the confidentiality of such information, by disclosing such information only to persons needing to have access thereto for the performance of the our obligations under this Agreement or to any other party to which we may be required by law to report such information. You agree to hold confidential, and to use only in connection with the Mobile Deposit Service, all information furnished to you by us or by third parties from whom we have secured the right to use the Mobile Deposit Service, including, but not limited to, our product and service pricing structure, system design, programming techniques or other unique techniques. In addition, should you at any time receive or acquire any information relating to another customer of Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, you shall promptly return such information to us and not reveal such information to any other party and shall not make use of such information for its own benefit or otherwise. Both parties’ obligations and agreements under this paragraph shall not apply to any information supplied that was known to either party prior to the disclosure by the other, or becomes generally available to the public other than by breach of this Agreement or otherwise becomes lawfully available on a non-confidential basis from a third party who is not under an obligation of confidence to either party. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, it is understood and agreed by the parties hereto that the performance of the Mobile Deposit Service is or might be subject to regulation and examination by authorized representatives of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Board of Directors of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and/or a State regulatory agency, and you agree to the release by Northwoods Bank of Minnesota of your reports, information, assurances and other data and information as may be required under applicable laws and regulations. You agree that any specifications or programs developed by us in connection with this Agreement, or supplied or made available to you by us, are the exclusive property of us, our agents, suppliers or contractors, and further agree that such material shall not be copied or used in any manner or for any purpose without the express written consent of Northwoods Bank of Minnesota. This clause shall survive the termination of the Agreement.
26. Arbitration and Waiver of Jury Trial. You and Northwoods Bank of Minnesota agree that the transactions contemplated in this Agreement involve “commerce” under the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). EVERY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM BETWEEN YOU AND ANY INDEMNIFIED PARTY ARISING OUT OF, OR IS IN ANY WAY RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM, THIS AGREEMENT, THE MOBILE DEPOSIT SERVICE OR ANY OTHER SERVICES PROVIDED BY US, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING CLAIMS OF FRAUD, SUPPRESSION, MISREPRESENTATION AND FRAUD IN THE INDUCEMENT, WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION UNDER THE FAA. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Commercial Arbitration Rules (the “Arbitration Rules”). IF A CLAIM IS SUBMITTED TO ARBITRATION, (A) YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO GO TO COURT OR TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL; (B) YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ENGAGE IN PRE-ARBITRATION DISCOVERY EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THE ARBITRATION RULES; (C) YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE ANY CLAIM ARBITRATED AS A CLASS ACTION UNDER THE ARBITRATION RULES OR UNDER ANY OTHER RULES, WHETHER OF CIVIL PROCEDURE OR OTHERWISE; AND (D) THE ARBITRATOR’S DECISION WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING WITH LIMITED RIGHTS TO APPEAL. THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION IS SUPPLEMENTAL TO, AND NOT IN LIEU OF, ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROVISION, AND, IN THE EVENT OF A CONFLICT BETWEEN THIS PROVISION AND ANY OTHER SUCH ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROVISION, THE TERMS OF THIS PROVISION SHALL CONTROL. This agreement to arbitrate disputes will survive the closing of your Accounts and the termination of this Agreement.
27. Attorneys’ Fees. In the event of any arbitration or other adversarial proceeding between the parties concerning this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorneys’ fees and other costs in addition to any other relief to which it may be entitled.
28. Successors. This Agreement and all the terms and provisions herein shall be binding upon, and shall inure to the benefit of, the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns.
29. Assignment. No right or interest hereby conferred shall be assignable without the prior written consent of the other party, and any assignment made without such consent shall be null and void; provided, however that we may assign this Agreement or any part of it to any of our affiliates or to a successor of ours by merger or acquisition upon written notice to you.
30. No Third Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement shall not be construed to confer any rights or remedies upon any person not a party to this Agreement, whether as a third party beneficiary or otherwise, against either party, their respective successors, assigns and affiliates.
31. Captions and Headings. The captions and headings contained in this Agreement are for convenience of reference only and shall not be used to limit the applicability or meaning of any provisions of this Agreement.
32. Entire Agreement. The terms of the Deposit Agreement, all other agreements with Northwoods Bank of Minnesota pertaining to the Accounts and the Rules, are incorporated by reference and made a part of this Agreement. In the event of any inconsistency between such agreements, the Rules and this Agreement, the provisions of this Agreement shall control to the extent necessary. We agree that this Agreement is the entire statement of the terms and conditions which apply to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement supersedes any prior agreements between the parties relating to the Mobile Deposit Service.
33. No Waiver. No delay or failure on the part of Northwoods Bank of Minnesota in exercising any of our rights under this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of such rights, and no exercise of any remedy hereunder by us shall constitute a waiver of our right to exercise the same or any other remedy hereunder. Except for changes made in accordance with this Agreement, no deviation, whether intentional or unintentional, will constitute an amendment of this Agreement or will constitute a waiver of any right or duty of either party.
34. Severability. In the event all or any part of any one or more of the provisions contained in the Agreement shall for any reason be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, in any respect, the remaining provisions or parts thereof shall be binding and enforceable as if any such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision had never been contained herein.
35. Construction. This Agreement is an agreement between parties who are experienced in sophisticated and complex matters similar to the transactions contemplated by this Agreement, is entered into by both parties in reliance upon the economic and legal bargains contained herein, and shall be interpreted and construed in a fair and impartial manner, without regard to such factors as the party which prepared the instrument or drafted any provision thereof, the relative bargaining powers of the parties or the domicile of any party.
36. Termination. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect from the date hereof until such time as this Agreement is terminated by either party as hereinafter provided:
(a) this Agreement may be terminated at any time by either party following thirty (30) days prior notice unless a shorter prior notice is agreed upon by both parties;
(b) either party shall have the right to terminate this Agreement immediately by giving notice to the other if such other party: (i) ceases to conduct its business in the ordinary sense, (ii) has any substantial part of its property become subject to any levy, seizure, assignment or application for sale for, or by, any creditor or government agency, (iii) is a party to an acquisition or (iv) in the reasonable judgment of the party seeking termination, experiences an adverse change in its financial condition or business which impairs the ability of such party to perform its obligations under this Agreement, (v) fails to perform its obligations under this Agreement or defaults under any other agreement between the parties or (vi) makes any warranty or representation which proves to be false or misleading.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may immediately terminate this Agreement without notice if, in our sole discretion, we determine that you have abused the Mobile Deposit Service or we believe that we will suffer a loss or other damage if the Agreement is not terminated.
Our election to terminate this Agreement is in addition to any and all other remedies that may be available to us and will not affect any obligations you may have with us. Any reinstatement of the Mobile Deposit Service under this Agreement will be at our sole.
Upon termination of this Agreement, any property or rights of a party in the possession of the other party, tangible or intangible, shall be returned to owner thereof within thirty (30) days after the later to occur of (i) termination of the Agreement or (ii) the last date that such party receives any such property or rights.
Upon termination of this Agreement, (i) you will promptly pay to us all sums due or to become due under this Agreement, (ii) you shall have no further right to make use of the Mobile Deposit Service or any system or software which may have been provided in connection with any Mobile Deposit Service. Both parties agree that Sections 3, 5,12, 13, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 32, 33, 35, and 37 shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
37. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without reference to its conflict of laws, provisions, and applicable federal law.
38. Notices. Any notice required hereunder shall be given by first class U.S. Mail, postage prepaid, by receipted hand delivery, electronically or by any other means agreed upon by both parties and if, to Northwoods Bank of Minnesota, at the address set forth below and, if to you, at the most recent address or phone number shown for you in Northwoods Bank of Minnesota’s records. If any notice instructions are given, the provisions of such shall govern the method and location for giving notice. Any notice mailed shall be presumed received on the third Business Day after mailing thereof.
If to Financial Institution: Northwoods Bank of Minnesota
P.O. Box 112
1200 East First St
Park Rapids, MN 56470
Or by phone to: (218) 732-7221 or (800) 450-2265
Please note that any message sent using this feature is transmitted via normal e-mail and is not encrypted. So, please do not include any confidential information, such as account numbers or details, tax ID numbers, or any other information you want kept confidential. We will not respond to account information related questions sent via Internet e-mail. You agree that we may take a reasonable time to act on any e-mail within the timeframes noted in state and federal regulations.
Deposit Amount Limits
- Daily: $2,500
- Monthly: $10,000
Deposit Item Limits (number of items deposited)
- Daily: 10
- Monthly: 50
The cut-off time for our Mobile Deposit Service is 2:30 pm Central time on a Business Day.
Agreement Revision Date: June 2018